Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered my eibach pro kit 2895.780 for my 2010 rt 6 speed from tire rack. Kit came next day, awesome. So today I had a chance to unwrap everything and the rear shocks do not look like the rear shocks off of speedys garage. According to eibachs site this kit will fit a 2008-2010 and speedys is a 2009 so the shocks should look the same. The rear which should have a top piece with two holes to mount the shock to the car, the eibach shock that I received does not have that. Part numbers on the eibach shocks that came with the kit are front 2895.8001 and rear is 28110.8002. Springs seem correct. Anyone know if these are the right parts or am I missing something? I called eibach but they were closed. I know on the front shocks you reuse the hats etc but on the rear I don't believe you reuse anything.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok I think. Figured it out. I won't be lowering my car for another week but from what I can tell eibach changed out the rear design of their shocks on the 2010's. You have to reuse the strut mount from the factory shock. Guess I worried for nothing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Make sure you put the original upper shock Mount/bushing assembly on top of that big washer that the eibach shock comes with. That's the seat, it has to be on the bottom or else it won't tighten up. That shock cover/bump stop assembly slides up with little hand pressure one it's on the car.

Have fun with your install. I just did my eibach pro plus kit on Saturday. Very happy with the results. Handles so much better and finally got rid of that ugly wheel well gap. Going to take it to the dealer Friday for an alignment then take it back in a couple weeks after the springs settle to get any camber issues resolved and re aligned. I can tell already I'm gonna need rear camber bushings so I just ordered those. Hopefully I won't need front camber adjustment parts.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks sixspd for the info. That is what figured but the instructions give no clue to that. I saw on speedys garage that his pro kit rear shocks came with the shock mount built into them. Your info puts my mind at ease. How much space is there between your front tire and the top of the wheel well and your back tire and wheel well? Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts