Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Wanted to share my experience with installing a Eibach Pro Kit on my 2019 Widebody Scat Pack.
Cost for installation incl. springs and alignment at Belle Tire was $880.
Ride is as good as before, if not a tad more compliant. Car looks surprisingly low, but I doublechecked part numbers and it’s the Pro and not the Sportline.
Alignment in the front is still within spec (due to the double wishbone), the rear is 0.7 respectively 0.3 out of spec, as to be expected with a multilink. Might install some camber bolts to correct that soon.
And of course: some pictures. I hope this helps.

Before:.............................After:...............................After 2:
Before.jpg ChallengerLeft.jpg ChallengerAngle.jpg

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,313 Posts
very nice, that front 1/4 angle shot is tight op!

·
Registered
2017 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
245 Posts
I’m also out of spec on my alignment - considering getting new control arms to deal with that issue. Given you’ve got a widebody I think you’ve got more room to add camber back than I do.

·
Registered
245 Posts
E10-27-004-01-22 is the one I used for my Scat Pack Shaker.

FYI I was able to correct my alignment issues with a set of AAD front and rear control arms.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Odd thing, those are the same springs for a Hellcat, all models. It’s difficult to understand if Eibach is just offering a one size fits all spring. With a HC carrying close to 250 or so extra lbs. up front you‘d think with the specialized SPWB suspension a different rate would be offered. Did you feel the lowering of center of gravity was the main benefit or the increased in spring rate? I’m assuming it does handle better.?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Totally agree - that probably explains why my SPS is way lower than the specs provided by Eibach. Would’ve been nice if they’d specify which Challenger variation their specs are based upon.

That being said I really like where the ride height ended up - stroke of luck I guess?

Yes, center of gravity is the major item that I noticed. Ride quality was minimally impacted. Room under my front spoiler significantly impacted?

In terms of handling - it was tough to gauge the improvements as my alignment went so far out of spec. I had a lot of trouble planting the rear and I felt like I was fighting the steering to keep it straight. Cornering was a bit better with the lower center of gravity.

Once I got the control arms and got my alignment back to spec, everything improved. That basically fixed all of the above issues. It just plants and goes straight without any hop. Cornering is more controlled too. I don’t feel any need to upgrade the sway bars.

That being said those $250 springs sure ended up being a costly investment in the end. So just a word of warning if you go with these springs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Your ride looks sweet, just right. Hoping not to have extra parts for the alignment. This will be the 3rd one I’ve done and so far all have gone back to spec or close enough w/o additional work. Kills me they put so much effort into a great suspended car and left it sky- jacked in the air.

I bought the springs for my Hellcat but I think I’m going to put them on the SPWB. Hellcat sits just about right stock.

·
Registered
Challenger Redeye Widebody
23 Posts
There is a guy on line selling this exact set claiming they do not work with the active suspension. I just bought a 2020 wide body and love the stance on these springs
The part number he is selling is E10-27-004-01-22

·
Registered
23 Posts
Your ride looks sweet, just right. Hoping not to have extra parts for the alignment. This will be the 3rd one I’ve done and so far all have gone back to spec or close enough w/o additional work. Kills me they put so much effort into a great suspended car and left it sky- jacked in the air.

I bought the springs for my Hellcat but I think I’m going to put them on the SPWB. Hellcat sits just about right stock.
Did you put them on your widebody ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did you put them on your widebody ?
no, the springs are still in the box. Sad right? Was hoping it was going to settle down a little but still looks like a hot rod 4x4.
If you don’t mind replying, how has the lowering interacted with the active suspension and switching between settings?

·
Registered
23 Posts
no, the springs are still in the box. Sad right? Was hoping it was going to settle down a little but still looks like a hot rod 4x4.
If you don’t mind replying, how has the lowering interacted with the active suspension and switching between settings?
I have not bought springs yet, I just got my car and those are the springs I want to get so I thought I would ask you

·
Registered
294 Posts
OP, does your WB not have active suspension? My brief research seems to show most lowering kits say they don't work with it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
OP, does your WB not have active suspension? My brief research seems to show most lowering kits say they don't work with it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yes it has it and I was told by several people that all the widebody Challengers have it
I was told by Speedlogix that Eibach E10-27-004-01-22 do fit

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have zero problems with the Active Suspension on my Widebody with Eibach springs. The Active suspension that Chrysler uses is limited to active Valves that can change bump and maybe rebound settings. Those valves dont care about suspension travel and/or ride height. If it would be the GM MR system, this would be a different discussion....

·
Registered
60 Posts
So what are you guys that have these doing about alignment? Do i need to buy the BMR adjustable trailing and control arms to get the car in spec with these springs?

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
676 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts