Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Challenger RT
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So looking over threads last night I have a few questions about the Eibach Pro vs Sportlines springs. I know the difference in drops between each springs but what is the difference between ride height on 20" rims vs 22"? Most cars I've seen with the sportlines had 22" rims and I'm curious if having 20's with sportlines will make me more prone to scraping the ground. These will go on a 2012 RT STP with Bilsteins.

·
Registered
2012 Challenger RT
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also is this an install I can do or do I need compression tools?

·
Banned
928 Posts
I think you should have a mechanic do the spring install personally. on 22' I would probably stick with the pro kit from eibach or the new hurst performance research springs that are avail early june from hurst.. Any lower you might be scrapping with the sportlines for example

·
Supporting Vendors
1,329 Posts
The sportlines are much lower than the pro-kit FWIW. I have them on my 2007 Mustang, and it's about as low as I'd go for a DD

I recommend them to everyone though, because the stance looks great IMO

Nick C.

·
Registered
276 Posts
My rears rub on occasion even with the pro kit on my 22's. I'm running 295/30 back there and with my fenders rolled it still rubs on a nice dip in the road.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have the pro kit. I to went back and forth on pro kit or sportlines. I went with he pro kit cause my car is a DD. Both kits look great but I wanted a little security that I won't rip the bottom of my car up just to look cool. I doubt you rub. I used a spring compression tool and it was pretty easy. The rear end was a pain in the butt though.

·
Registered
2012 Challenger RT
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback! I think I'm sold on the Pro's and can get them installed for $300 which I think is worth my time and frustration lol. I'm always up for doing new things but without the proper tools it can be a pain in the a$$. I was sold on the Pro's when I came out of a downtown parking garage this week and knew the Sports would have caused my car to bottom out.

Reactions: Diode Dynamics

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
The springs are really easy to change out, compared to other cars I've changed. Mine's a '13 R/T auto with Eibach Pro's. Go look on You Tube for Speedy's Garage to get an idea of what's involved. On the rear, if I were to do it over, I would just drop the exhaust all the way to the middle mufflers. I fought the exhaust pipes the most to get the control arm bolts out because they're so long. You don't need a compressor for the rear, just a floor jack. For the fronts, I just borrowed one from Auto Zone. Only took about 4 hours total for the front and rear.

·
Registered
36 Posts
What size front tire are ya runnin??

My rears rub on occasion even with the pro kit on my 22's. I'm running 295/30 back there and with my fenders rolled it still rubs on a nice dip in the road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts