Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about dropping my 2013 rallye redline somewhere between 1 to 1.75 inches. The cheaper it'll cost me the better
Now im wondering which kit should i use
I heard that if i go with the sportline i gotta use new shocks n stuff. I dont want to pay over 500 total (with labor and everything) and the kits cost around 250

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
462 Posts
You'll want to get new shocks regardless of the spring you choose. I prefer the sportlines because I can barely even notice a drop with the prokit.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm also looking to lower my R/R with either the sportlines or the prokit. Got a shop who can do the prokit for $500 including installation. I'm thinking of the camber issues that come with the sportlines.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i lowered mine with the proline kit and it looks great. my aligment was just alittle out of specs. had them on three years now and all is good. the drop was about 1.75 front and back. i have to be carefull on some driveways now, sportlines will be more aggressive.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I got the Sportlines on my 2011 SE and I had no issues with anything else. I paid 450 for everything. It's been a little over a year and it's still running strong.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
462 Posts
How is the ride with those for you?

The ride is good, a little bumpier than stock but it takes turns much nicer.. I'll be putting coilovers on soon though. Make sure you replace the shocks/struts. The stock ones will last for awhile but not long and it's a pain to have to take them all off again to do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i lowered mine with the proline kit and it looks great. my aligment was just alittle out of specs. had them on three years now and all is good. the drop was about 1.75 front and back. i have to be carefull on some driveways now, sportlines will be more aggressive.
I thought the prokit will only lower the car for about .8 inches

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
462 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
The ride is good, a little bumpier than stock but it takes turns much nicer.. I'll be putting coilovers on soon though. Make sure you replace the shocks/struts. The stock ones will last for awhile but not long and it's a pain to have to take them all off again to do.

I was thinking of coilovers as well. Which one were you planning on getting?

·
Registered
2013 Challenger RT/P
522 Posts
I strongly suggest you go with the Pro-Street Coil-Over Kit. This way you take care of coils and shocks/struts all at once. You can then adjust the height when ever you want to the height that best suite that day... Long trips, bring it up, running solo to cruise, bring it down.

PRO-STREET Coil-Over Kit (Height Adjustable Only)

• High Performance, Eibach Tuned Coil-Overs
  • Quick - Adjustable Lowering
  • Optimal Tuning for Aggressive Performance
  • One-Year Warranty

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
462 Posts
I was thinking of coilovers as well. Which one were you planning on getting?
I was looking into ST or BC racing. I'd love to stick with Eibach but being a broke college student makes my budget a little smaller haha.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
462 Posts
I definitely understand what you mean lol. I was looking in BC racing as well. I see your location is in Central Orlando. You go to UCF?
Im finishing up my AA at LSSC but I'll be going to UCF to finish my bachelors and hopefully med school as well. I do go out to Orlando Speedworld to race though.

To get back on topic a bit, I have a picture on my PC comparing stock to sportlines. I'll post it up when I get home from work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Im finishing up my AA at LSSC but I'll be going to UCF to finish my bachelors and hopefully med school as well. I do go out to Orlando Speedworld to race though.

To get back on topic a bit, I have a picture on my PC comparing stock to sportlines. I'll post it up when I get home from work.
Yeah please post it i wanna see the difference

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
462 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts