Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 RT 6 speed with Bilsteins oddly enough (happy about that). I want to put the Eiback Sportline Springs on. Some forums suggest you change out the struts as the springs will put to much pressure on them and will blow them out. Has anyone here heard of this or had it happen to them? My struts are still good and I do not want to spend the money if their is no need to.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I installed new springs and shocks front and rear.
I believe that the Eibach shocks are shorter with a shorter travel distance.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I've put on the Eibach Pro Springs on my SRT8. It has the Bilsteins and I left them as is. It was only a small drop and hasn't been that long but so far so good.

·
Super Moderator
15,104 Posts
You can run the Bilsteins with the Eibach springs - the Bilsteins have firmer compression / rebound damping vs. the stock Sachs springs an R/T would have been equipped with...

The stock R/T spec shocks are a bit on the soft side (for ride comfort), but when you start putting performance suspension parts on, the (OEM Sachs) shocks start to show their limitations.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have the same car, year and M6. I put the proline kit on the stock Bilsteins (I know, lucky they were) and it seems fine. I do have to warn you that the suspension travel is a lot shorter than normal. I don't know if it's because the travel is shorter but my car bottoms out fairly significantly on road dips. Not so on bumps and road imperfections but more like a road patch that has sunk. Gotta keep an eye out for those. Also, speed bumps that you used to drive right over will now be slow right down. Other than that, good mod. If you haven't already done so, strut tower braces helped a lot too and I installed those before the lowering.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, all great info to know beforehand. Only thing now is do I go with the pro kit or sportlines? Pro kit drops front and back by 1.7" and sportlines by 2" in front and 2.1 in rear. I am dying to rid myself of the huge wheel gap. Any thoughts on both of these spring sets?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I went with the sportlines on my 10 SRT8 and left the factory shocks in place. So far no issues. At the same time I did the Eibach sways and installed a set of Factory Repro 22" wheels. ONLY ossue I found was that the end of the bolt on the upper control arm ball joint was rubbing my tires up front when I hit heavy bumps. I grinded it down over the weekend and all seems fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts