Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’d like to do a little review for anyone looking for these springs.So I finally got my sportlines installed today and wow . What a difference. I did get the pro damper shocks as well. I had STP on my car already and even tho these just got installed today it’s a huge difference. So for cars without STP, expect more of a difference. The ride itself is so much lower. Just looking out the windows and seeing the road closer to you makes it feel like I’m in more of a sporty car rather than a truck. The car itself is a little bit higher on the back side so the car is tilting forward just a hair. It Got rid of that ugly wheel gap which is why I wanted them but also seeing the actual body lower makes a big difference. Makes the look way more aggressive. In terms of ride quality the bumps and such are a little bit Harsher than stock but not by much more.. The steering is quite a bit more responsive and predictable and much less body roll. I’m not sure if it’s the lower center of gravity or something but my brakes seems to be working better as well. Could be a plasebo effect. As far as turning in dips and such and speed bumps there doesn’t seem to be a huge problem but you have to obviously go slow and try to angle it. I’m in Utah so the roads here are not the worst but far from the best.The car feels much more like a performance car not only around corners but just sitting in traffic. The 2 inch drop feels like a lot more when you’re in the car. I don’t feel like I’m driving a huge car that’s been lifted. It was very labor Intensive. Cost 1 grand for everything including an alignment. Part of that is because of the bushings and camber bolts. Would have been 580 for the springs and dampers alone with the alignment. With out the alignment it would have been 480. But I wanted to be safe and not have any issues.For anyone interested in this setup PM me and I’ll send you the parts I got.

A4D18930-B824-4AD0-8E14-4A7671AC8589.jpeg
B759CA2D-3AED-4A18-91EF-9EE18F80376E.jpeg
658DF81F-7934-44B9-860E-A2C3412FC896.jpeg
2FD6FE8F-074F-4B86-8A47-ABDFAC185A02.jpeg
1A954400-CD57-4250-BC6C-4718F2DD22AB.jpeg

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,513 Posts
The Sportlines are good springs, they definitely get you closer to the road. That is good and bad for all the obvious reasons, of course.

You improved the car’s visual profile for sure, I’ve never liked the 4x4 ride height these cars come out of the factory with.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,777 Posts
Looks great (y) So you did the bolts in the front?

A Guy

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
The Sportlines are good springs, they definitely get you closer to the road. That is good and bad for all the obvious reasons, of course.

You improved the car’s visual profile for sure, I’ve never liked the 4x4 ride height these cars come out of the factory with.
me neither. It was my biggest take away when I got the car. The before and after results are pretty amazing imo it changes the whole look.

Looks great (y) So you did the bolts in the front?

A Guy
Thank you and yes I did. Shocks. Springs bushings and bolts.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
The brakes probably feel better due to less front dive from the slightly stiffer progressive springs, you will also find better fuel economy thanks to the lower height, this would only be noticed at higher speeds on open roads though thanks to having to move less 'air'. Apart from that ; looks = priceless!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The brakes probably feel better due to less front dive from the slightly stiffer progressive springs, you will also find better fuel economy thanks to the lower height, this would only be noticed at higher speeds on open roads though thanks to having to move less 'air'. Apart from that ; looks = priceless!
Ahhh thanks for the explanation . It felt like the brakes were suddenly Stronger . I barely even have to press the pedal in to slow down. And yes the looks are killer. Made it look soooo aggressive

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I'm a bit curious because I just installed the Pro-Kit and my car is lower then yours using the Sportline (which drops it lower then the Pro-kit).

The rear dropped a bit over 2", the front 1.2". Advertised is 1.2" front and 1.7" rear. I didn't want to go with the Sportline because it's advertise is 1.7"-2.3" which would require suspension parts to align correctly...

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
I'm a bit curious because I just installed the Pro-Kit and my car is lower then yours using the Sportline (which drops it lower then the Pro-kit).

The rear dropped a bit over 2", the front 1.2". Advertised is 1.2" front and 1.7" rear. I didn't want to go with the Sportline because it's advertise is 1.7"-2.3" which would require suspension parts to align correctly...

View attachment 994484
View attachment 994485
what were the springs that got replaced on your car, the stock ones that come on a SP?

what year is your car?

·
Registered
2019 SXT
8 Posts

View attachment 994484
View attachment 994485
One of the main reasons (other than shocks) could be the weight of the car (engine+) and tire sidewalls.
I have an SXT and installed the pro-kit to drop it 1.4 inches but it dropped only 1 inch.
Called Eibach and on my issue and that's what they told me. Weight and sidewalls.
Installer told me the same as well.

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
Yes stock 2016 Scat Pack...
Well n/m then, my initial guess is not applicable.

I will say that while your results from the Pro springs are hard to explain, I am honestly surprised you got much drop at all from the Pros. I would have expected almost no drop on your car with the Pros and only a mild drop at best from the Sports.

The way I understand it, their advertised drop amount isn’t a relative amount, it’s more of a specific number but based on the ride height of the standard trim’s stock ride height.

So with a SXT or R/T with the Touring suspension, the advertised drop could be taken literally.

But because the upper trims start out with lower ride heights compared to the Touring suspension cars, their actual drop from the springs would be less...progressively less as the trim goes up (and stock ride height ostensibly goes down).

However, your results from the Pros doesn’t seem to track with that, so maybe my understanding of their drop values is not quite right...🧐

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,777 Posts
One of the main reasons (other than shocks) could be the weight of the car (engine+) and tire sidewalls.
I have an SXT and installed the pro-kit to drop it 1.4 inches but it dropped only 1 inch.
Called Eibach and on my issue and that's what they told me. Weight and sidewalls.
Installer told me the same as well.
My SXT dropped 1.5" all around on Pros... 31" to top of wheel well arch, to 29.5". No "settle" afterwards either

A Guy

Reactions: ehutchin

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
My SXT dropped 1.5" all around on Pros... 31" to top of wheel well arch, to 29.5". No "settle" afterwards either

A Guy
You're now at 29.5? Inches???

My gosh man, I hope you have installed Nerf bars or something on that car to help passengers get up into (and down out of) your car! ;)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,777 Posts
My undercarriage is perfect...

A Guy

Reactions: ehutchin

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
My undercarriage is perfect...

A Guy
That's my point!!

Unless you've bottomed out at least once so badly that you had to go back and retrieve the belly pan, you're riding too high!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,777 Posts
Different strokes...I prefer to NOT bottom out...guess I'm crazy that way...BTW, zero repairs on my car...I'm funny like that too

A Guy

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
Different strokes...I prefer to NOT bottom out...
That's fine, but just so you know, you will never truly know how high you can soar until you bottom out...(some guy who totally isn't me said that once, so you can trust that it's true).

guess I'm crazy that way...
You're not crazy...boring and unadventurous maybe, but not crazy!

BTW, zero repairs on my car...
So what will you do when you find yourself unable to keep the engine running 150 miles from home in a Taco Bell parking lot at 11:30 pm on a Sunday?

Or what about when you're 2 hours into a 6 hour trip to the coast and your gas pedal literally snaps in half, leaving you with the unenviable choice to make - bend over and work what's left of the throttle by hand or remove the whole assembly and get creative with some super glue and electrical tape?

Or what about when your wheel bearing goes bad and you have -0.32 cents in your bank account because that Nigerian prince is slow to repay you what you're owed, leaving you to do the job yourself in your garage with no slide hammer to remove the self-welded hub assembly?

My point is, there are certain things that can only be learned through experience, and how to use a scisoor jack to unweld a wheel bearing is one of them...

I'm funny like that too

A Guy
Ride height is no laughing matter. The higher the car rides, the closer to the sun it leaves you. And if you don't know what happens when you get too close to the sun, there's a gentleman named Icarus that has something to tell you.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,777 Posts
Lifetime warranty, free towing, rental car 1st day...

A Guy

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
Lifetime warranty, free towing, rental car 1st day...

A Guy
Congratulations, throw in a can of beef jerky snuff, and you probably won't be the first one sacrificed to the star gods once the nuclear winter sets in. o_O

1 - 20 of 28 Posts