Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have any of you had Eibach sportline lowering springs done, just wanted to hear the pros and cons of people that have used them...

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,848 Posts
I put some Sportlines on my Charger to replace some worn out Stage 1s. Actually, I have used those Sportlines on both my Chargers, though not at the same time obviously.

Pros: all the stuff you’d expect (improved looks, improved cornering, etc).

Cons:
  • you’re gonna need extra/upgraded suspension hardware to get it aligned with Sportlines in place.
  • you will need to replace the shocks and struts either at install time or shortly thereafter, as the lowered stance will choke the life out of stock Touring suspension shocks/struts and require higher quality replacements.
  • you will be low to the ground, very low. You will have to watch everywhere you drive for excessively large bumps, potholes, etc, as the Sportlines put the car low enough for these to be a concern now. There will be some places you cannot safely go, that’s just a fact.

Reactions: JavierA

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
In case you’re wondering what kind of drop you can expect, here’s a couple before and after pics of my Charger to show you:

CAC783A4-ED33-4642-B7C3-ACECAF2E274F.jpeg
98978292-EFEB-4B5E-9EED-7D93876A94AB.jpeg
1805F157-6B2E-4E67-8998-8934ECAAF9E0.jpeg
E1C1F37F-F3C7-427B-81B1-2D6E4CF05B7E.jpeg

·
Registered
168 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
The link I posted is my review. Still have em and love em. It now looks a tad bit lower than the pics in my thread. Also the shop that used had labor rates of 115 per hour . So they’re very expensive

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
The link I posted is my review. Still have em and love em. It now looks a tad bit lower than the pics in my thread. Also the shop that used had labor rates of 115 per hour . So they’re very expensive
$115 an hour is average shop labor rate for auto mechanics here

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
seriously ? Down here it’s around 90 . But I trust this shop a lot more than others the price diff was worth it
Yep, the last bill I had listed $120 an hour for labor, but I believe that might have been a dealership service Dept.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts