Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay everyone, I need a little information regarding the eibach sportline lowering springs for my 2017 challenger rt. Do these cars come with load leveling rear dampers? And which kit do I need? I am looking at the one that comes with just the 4 springs but I am not sure if this is all I need. Should I purchase the kit that comes with the swaybars as well? I have never lowered a vehicle, only put lift kits on them. Any information would be helpful. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Interested also but my rt has Sport track pack

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another question I have is this. I am wanting to upgrade the brakes on my r/t but can't find a wilwood or brembo kit. So I have this question. Will the brembo brakes that come on the srt 392 from factory fit on the r/t?

·
Super Moderator
15,357 Posts
The Nivomats haven't been used [M6 R/Ts used these, not the auto versions nor the SRTs]

Probably by '13, IIRC the Nivomats weren't being used.

The STP optioned cars have Bilsteins, which are conventional shocks.

If you have a newer non-STP Challenger - I recommend getting either the Eibach shocks or Bilsteins - they'll have firmer damping rates which you need with the lowering springs.

The spring rate is higher than the OEM springs and they standard R/T shocks are soft rebound rate - they won't match up with the new spring as well.

You'll want all these components to work together to get the better ride quality and suspension response.

·
Super Moderator
15,357 Posts
So the manual 6 speeds have the nivomats? Mine is a manual.
the '09 - '11 R/T (5.7s) M6 had this for certain. By '12 I'm not certain.
-STP option came along midway through '10 models. STP option supercedes the application of Nivomats and uses Bilstein shocks in place of them.

The '15+ don't have Nivomats

·
Registered
178 Posts
Not all '09 to '11 6 speeds had the Nivomats. I have a '10 6 speed and have the Bilsteins. Also, I don't have a STP though I do have TP.

·
Super Moderator
15,357 Posts
A guy I knew had a GWE '11 R/T Classic M6 with STP and his had Nivomats on his...looked underneath when he first got the car and spotted them.

there seemed to be a lot of inconsistency in some of the years.

·
Super Moderator
15,357 Posts
Sachs make both standard and Nivomat versions. Both are all-black body.

Yours is the touring duty version. The Nivo's are pretty expensive shocks - body is nearly 2x as fat as a conventional shock.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sachs make both standard and Nivomat versions. Both are all-black body.

Yours is the touring duty version. The Nivo's are pretty expensive shocks - body is nearly 2x as fat as a conventional shock.
Some older posts I came across and cross reference that PN was saying it?s the self leveling one. What?s a better way to tell instead of just calling dodge with your vin. You are right it is a fat shock

·
Registered
2012 Challenger R/T
129 Posts
You're going to like the sport line... It will give your ride the perfect drop. I have the pro performance springs, the pro performance springs on mine and my ride sits great.

·
Super Moderator
15,357 Posts
What are nivos?
The Nivomats (made by Sachs) (typically used on Caravan mini-vans on rear suspension) are self leveling shocks.

They were used to help combat wheelhop on M6 cars, but they still would do it.

They're kind of stiff riding shocks and they're expensive to replace when they wear out...

Various makes used these - softer spring, but stiffer shock. Mainly to prevent suspension sag under load and bottoming out.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I can only highly recommend getting the adjustable sway bar links and poly bushings when you lower your Rt. Mine is lowered on the same springs and untill i did these mods it did not grip or camber correctly. SPC makes the rear camber bushings and front adjustable arms. You stock sway bar is not able to function properly without shorter end links. Either go the way of a fully adjustable new sway bar, or, get he adjustable links. I went with UPR

·
Registered
1 Posts
How’s it going? I’m new to the group and just purchased a 2018 6.4SP which came with Billstein Shocks. Will just the Eibach Sportline Springs work or do I need to purchase anything else?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts