Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've spent several days looking up threads about electric cutouts. Most of them are a couple years old, and I was wondering if you could share your experiences with them. I ordered the DMH low profile cutouts on Black Friday pricing. I know some people have had bad experiences, but since I can't return them I'd like to know what I'm in for, positive or negative. I love the idea of being loud when I want to, and quiet at the press of a button. Is it true that you can open them part way or all the way? Is this true of all models, did you have issues installing them or any tips about upkeep or anything else? Any help is appreciated. I'd love to see video clips and or photos. Thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
youtube vid

If you search for "2009 blown challenger walkaround" on YouTube, it should come up I have the DMH lo-pros on behind SLP headers and a magnaflow catback. I trailered the car from San Antonio and somewhere along the way (I'd bet in Louisiana) one of them got dinged on the trailer. No problem with them through normal use though and nothing but good things to say about them.

Reactions: Luckyshot

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome thanks man!

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
I have DMH lo-pro's on 2009 with a blown 426 and Magnaflow exhaust as well, absolutely love these things. They come off Kooks long tubes and when open tingle the spine with great sound. The motor loves it when they are open.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to hear some people like them. I'm looking forward to them!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I have tge DMH with my high flow cats and Magnaflow catback. I love them. 2 yrs on my challenger. I have had them on several cars.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you had any issues in those two years?

·
Registered
216 Posts
DMH probably makes the best quality low profile cutout in that price range, they also open faster than QTP. However, when they wear out or break, DMH's repair dept is sorely lacking. Be prepared to wait months to get them back.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have Pypes on mine...installed them myself when installing Magnaflow cat. back system on...been 2 yrs now...no problems.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DMH probably makes the best quality low profile cutout in that price range, they also open faster than QTP. However, when they wear out or break, DMH's repair dept is sorely lacking. Be prepared to wait months to get them back.
It sounds like it's pretty much always the motors that die. I wonder if I should have them send me an extra one before I need it so I don't have to wait for it when I do....

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
No problems in 2 years. My buddy is going on 4 years on his magnum with no problems

·
Registered
216 Posts
It sounds like it's pretty much always the motors that die. I wonder if I should have them send me an extra one before I need it so I don't have to wait for it when I do....
Let us know if they'll do that now, in the past they were in-house repair only. I would use DMH again if they sell parts now, otherwise next time it'll be QTP.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Let us know if they'll do that now, in the past they were in-house repair only. I would use DMH again if they sell parts now, otherwise next time it'll be QTP.
Good to know, I'll look into it. Thanks!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Update on mine, drivers side motor going lame. Called Dave at DMH, was told to pull it off and send it in. Either he will repair or replace no prob. Now I will see/test the length of time to RMA. Will keep this updated when I send out and receive back.

·
Registered
530 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update on mine, drivers side motor going lame. Called Dave at DMH, was told to pull it off and send it in. Either he will repair or replace no prob. Now I will see/test the length of time to RMA. Will keep this updated when I send out and receive back.
Good to know. Yeah please keep us updated, I'm curious how long it will take. I was hoping they would simply send a new motor rather than require you to ship it in for replacement/repair.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts