Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I know this has been brought up hundreds of times but its time sensitive, my car is at the shop and they are curious where they should be installed. The best picture I could find is this from chris1992...

It would be a massive help if anyone has any more pictures from under the car of where they're supposed to be welded on. Thanks, I'd love to finally get these things on the car, I've had em sitting in the closet for a year now.

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
That's where they would go, but everyone I know that has had them has had them fail. My shop will not even talk to you about them as they have had 100% failure.

Definitely not worth the trouble.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I've heard it go both ways, I'm gonna just give em a shot and if they wind up giving me hassles, I'll sell em/the midpipe with them attached and just go catless. Figure its worth a shot, because its basically 50/50 on the people I've talked to about them. I feel like with a proper installation and seat, they should work fine.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Has anyone installed the electric cutouts farther back like under the trunk? I ask because I've already replaced the bottle mufflers on my 6-speed R/T with SLP Loudmouth resonators and I'd like to use these (liken the Quicktime Performance onse sold by Summit Racing) in front of the rear resonators so that I can keep down the drone for when the wife is in the car but cut out the rear resonators when I'm alone. Anyone know where the gas tank is in this car? It is under the trunk? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
I agree with BT they have a 100% failure rate not if but when.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They were asking too much to install them anyway so I passed. I'll probably wind up selling them at this point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts