Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger RT 2013
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I am having the worst luck with my 'dream car' 2013 Dodge Challenger RT 6 speed manual.
After about 6 weeks of purchasing it from a private seller, i discovered it was in a front end collision in the US and was not declared to me!!!

They have put it back together but used all the bent/broken parts!!!
It was drivable - ish!!! but about 4 weeks ago my power steering pump went. Hahaha you have to laugh right.

I am looking for a power steering pump. Anyone know where i can source one from. I have checked some sites but they dont seem to have any stock.
I dont mind buying from the US.
Its going on the ramps in the next few weeks to asses the damage so i am looking to spend quite a bit of dosh!!

Any help would be very grateful.
Thank you

·
Registered
272 Posts
Never heard of an "electric" power steering pump before. I'm pretty sure the one you want is belt driven.

·
Vendor
12,274 Posts
ps, image is wrong part number is right
Luke

·
Registered
272 Posts
Electric power steering on 3.6 and 5.7L Challenger began in 2011, it's still a hydraulic system but the pump is electrically powered, no belt as before.

Can try this place for parts ...

www.clevelandpap.com

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Thanks Slidd! I stand corrected. Seems like a strange system to me. I guess I've been working on German cars too long. We use an electronic rack with no pump or fluid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts