Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Electric supercharger

Lol completely joking a co worker new that I was interested in a supercharger and sent me a link to the electric supercharger. I read the info and could not believe anyone would even spend that kind of money.

Sorry wanted after reading so much, I wanted some levity!

Todd

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Lol completely joking a co worker new that I was interested in a supercharger and sent me a link to the electric supercharger. I read the info and could not believe anyone would even spend that kind of money.

Sorry wanted after reading so much, I wanted some levity!

Todd
lol. google around there is a youtube out there of some ricer who bought one and installed it on his car. it's pretty funny.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
good god was that video for real or were thay talking out their a$$es? Ive never heard so many fancy words in my life. Sounded like some trekkie talk
I believe the story goes that some patent/engineer guy thought some of the super-technical words that people were using to describe their patents was kind of funny. As the story goes, as a joke, he created a fictitious patent of his own, the Turbo Encabulator, that used all of the funny words that people had used -- which are really words. Chrysler took it a step further and made it sound like a transmission. Rockwell Automation did one also but applied the terminology to a computer and software.

Talk about too much time on your hands at work. :)

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
pheww OP I was going to tell you get your fire suit on. Spend the 6=8 k youll be happy sc owner.

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
I saw a video of a guy who installed one of these and it sucked the internals right out of the fan into the engine.... whoops!

On a serious note though... With the push into more and more electrical applications in the auto world I wonder how efficient a well made electric blower could be. Is it possible that a worth while electric blower could be made with enough put into development?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts