Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tonight as i started my 6 speed 2010 SRT I had, no radio, no HVAC, no turn signals, no multi function stalk control, no seat heater (30F), no power windows, can't turn off car (push button), ESP "off"
Only, headlights, tail lights, brake lights, instrument panel lighting and guages (default only). Didn't try the power seat function.
After 30 minutes of driving (Friday night no mechanics, cold/tired after day of work, damn it I'm going home!) The HVAC comes on, the radio lights up, the only thing is the ESP is still "Lit". Then when I park in the garage, the car will not restart. Then I get the other fob, and the car sarts and the ESP "light" is now "off", and everything is good.
The question is,
A)Am I correct in deducing the fob is to blame and
B)after 12,000 miles/6 months is it "Normal?" that the fob battery dies ?(As I am assuming, since the other fob which I don't use so much is allowing the car to function "O.K.", and yet there is no "Warning"?
answers/insight please.:werd:

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I think there suppose to be a warning indication when the battery is low in your FOB in the EVIC. Don't know what happened but you might want to take it in and see if there's any codes to tell them what's wrong.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I had a software upgrade for my car recently. Factory said it had something to do with the key fob but I only had 1 when I took it in and they said the other fob wasn't necessary. Did you get this done? I haven't had any electrical issues regardless but give Dodge a call on this one bud.

·
Premium Member
2,983 Posts
The fob battery could easily need replaced. You might have carried it in your pocket and held down one of the buttons draining it etc. I doubt that explains the radio, HVAC, etc not working.

I would suggest some basic electrical troubleshooting such as checking the battery, connections, loose connections, fuses, etc if you are so inclined or let the dealer do it if you are not.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
This is exact thing happened too me about a month ago. Not being able to shut the car off was the most troubling. Removed the push to start button and manually shut it off and restarted. The problem seemed to resve itself and the buttons been back in since. I don't think it has anything to do with the FIB's battery as that only manages the locks, alarm and trunk pop features, the other systems use a non powered chip in it. This is a very troubling problem but hasn't happened since and so far j e chocked up to a computer malfunction like a PC that needed a reboot, are these cars powered by Windows? Lol...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Electrical fail

Took the car in, dealership performed a software upgrade, something about a "Steering angle fault" not sure, but car is back to her old self again (But now put away for the winter.) I'm just happy I was able to log the issue before the One year/20,000Km parameters were up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts