Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 R/T. Today I was in a restaurant and noticed the tail lights flickering (as if the key fob unlock function had been depressed several times). I took the key fob out of my pocket and the buttons weren't depressed or broken. I approached the car and the doors unlocked and both windows rolled down. The tail lights (and interior turn signal indicators) continued to flash until I placed the key into the ignition and turned to the "ON" position. After that, everything went back to normal.

I would consider an out-of-control key fob except for watching both windows roll down on their own. :notallthere:

Any ideas of what happened? :scratchhead:

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
First thing I would do is blame the FOBs. Replace the batteries in both at the first sign of malfunction (they go fast) and then test them one at a time. You could have sticky FOB buttons.

There was also a recall of the smart glass switches on some MYs, and people reported possessed windows that would drain the battery back then: http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/smart-glass-switch-recall-87603/ Your problem sounds related, but the flashing lights make me think that it could be more complicated.

Keep bumping your thread until somebody who knows about electronics (I don't) eventually comes to the rescue. and best of luck, man. When I rant about wanting the cars to remain as simple and stupid as possible, it's precisely to avoid having to deal with stuff like that down the line because I don't know any exorcists!

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was surprised to see the windows rolling down on their own. Is there a combination taht you can press on the fob to make the windows roll down? It was kinda coll.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Press the unlock button twice holding it down the second push and the windows will roll down.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Press the unlock button twice holding it down the second push and the windows will roll down.
What he said. Kinda nice in the summer as you're walking out to your hot car. Hopefully it's just the fob.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
It's a feature that they ended up doing away with after MY 2010 or 2011, if I'm not mistaken and by the way.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Open your fob and clean out any lint, dirt, etc and carefully clean the circuit board button contacts with alcohol or such. Same thing happened to a friend and he found lint, dirt, etc in the fob from carrying it in his pockets over time. After a cleanup, it has been fine.

Reactions: Average American
1 - 7 of 7 Posts