Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to post to a forum where I am not a member but my neighbor has a 2012 Charger R/T. She recently stalled the car in high water and hydrolocked the motor. I pulled all of the plugs and found several "wet" cylinders. The plan was to spin it over and evacuate the water from the cylinders but the car won't spin over. I went to the trunk to check battery condition and am reading 6.8volts across the battery. This voltage does not change when hooked up via jumper cables to another vehicle but does change when negative terminal is disconnected. Disconnecting the starter had no impact on voltage either. I have since discovered that i can use the key in the fob to try to spin it over but don't think this is of much use until i determine the cause for the low voltage in the system. Is this a PCM issue or is their some sort of low power battery saving mode on this car so that it shuts down the system when the battery drops below a certain voltage. Battery was only reading 10.2 volts when negative terminal was disconnected. Chargin battery now but wanted to see if i could get some feedback.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
At a minimum the battery is discharged. A battery the reads 10.2 open circuit is discharged or possibly ruined. Given the high water issue it would be impossible to troubleshoot further over the Internet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts