Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I'm new to the forum. I just bought a new Scat Pack and replaced the stock shifter with a Barton. On the test drive, the car thinks the seatbelt is not fastened (didn't have anyone in the passenger seat, so don't know about that side), and it also says that there is an airbag issue. I disconnected and reconnected the battery hoping it was a computer glitch - but no change. I thought I was being very careful with the electric (one plug under the top plate and one big and one small inside the console). Before I tear back into the electrics I thought I'd get some feedback from you guys - thanks!

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T 392 6 speed manual
294 Posts
There are a lot of connections in the console. Likely that you may have missed one or didn’t snap one all the way in. I assume that you didn’t take the seats out to do the install but lots of connections there too.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Hi - I'm new to the forum. I just bought a new Scat Pack and replaced the stock shifter with a Barton. On the test drive, the car thinks the seatbelt is not fastened (didn't have anyone in the passenger seat, so don't know about that side), and it also says that there is an airbag issue. I disconnected and reconnected the battery hoping it was a computer glitch - but no change. I thought I was being very careful with the electric (one plug under the top plate and one big and one small inside the console). Before I tear back into the electrics I thought I'd get some feedback from you guys - thanks!
I’m about to install one in my scat pack

Make sure all the metal pins are pushed in tightly to whatever plastic connector you messed with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They all snap in pretty positively, but I will have to go back in and check (obviously). In the new Scats, there is one connector that looks like it has about 100 wires! Just hope I didn't put too much strain on one (or two)! But there are only 3 connectors total (and none in the rear of the console). Unless I missed something...:rolleyes:

Thanks guys - I'll report back if I find anything.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
899 Posts
They all snap in pretty positively, but I will have to go back in and check (obviously). In the new Scats, there is one connector that looks like it has about 100 wires! Just hope I didn't put too much strain on one (or two)! But there are only 3 connectors total (and none in the rear of the console). Unless I missed something...:rolleyes:

If you haven't already ... take a look at WorkPlayDrive's video on YouTube for his installation a few years back. WPD - Barton Shifter Installation

·
Registered
1,043 Posts

You think that all snap back together but single wires can be loose within the connection. A lot of us have had issues with a single loose wire in a connector. Dodge had my car for weeks bc I kept throwing a check engine light. After replacing the alternator and and battery. Dodge took the car and found a loose wire in a harness under the passenger seat where the battery is.

I’m not the only one. Trust me.

Also you MUST leave the old knob connected and stuff it under the radio.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts