1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Contacted Eibach on a R2 Suspension upgrade for my 2013 Challenger SRT;
they said electronic dampening is active on both front and rear and most likely will throw a code when disabled/removed from the car

3 questions arise:

1/ Has anyone removed their Bilstein Electronic Suspension from their car for an upgrade (BC, Eibach, etc...) on their 2012/2013 Challenger? As anyone obtained a error code from the PCM as a result?

2/ Would we able to clear the error code with the diablo tuner? or any other tuner for that matter...

3/ Does anyone know the load of the stock SRT springs front and rear for 2012/2013 vehicles?

Thanks all for your responses

ODP

Reactions: wasp392

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi
Sorry I can't help with your question. I was in a similar situation and posted earlier in the week regarding 2012 suspension help. I am not going to upgrade with coil overs and just do the sway bar and springs so I can continue to use the stock adaptive suspension.

Would you mind posting a pic of your car? I noticed you have after market rims and tires and wanted to see what it looks like with those sizes on your car. I am in the middle of rim and tire confusion. Any issues with the tire set up you have?

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi
Sorry I can't help with your question. I was in a similar situation and posted earlier in the week regarding 2012 suspension help. I am not going to upgrade with coil overs and just do the sway bar and springs so I can continue to use the stock adaptive suspension.

Would you mind posting a pic of your car? I noticed you have after market rims and tires and wanted to see what it looks like with those sizes on your car. I am in the middle of rim and tire confusion. Any issues with the tire set up you have?
here they are; apologies for the delay; tires are all about what you want to do with them

imo NITTO has the best value and lots of peeps on this forum use them depending on strip, road course or just street performance; the NT 05 i have on the pix are mounted on BBS 20" CHR with 28mm offset
i have 275 front and 315 back for the street and HPDE events; very rare rubbing in the rear, only when 3 adults in the back and i am hitting uneven streets are +40mph so kind of expected; otherwise no issues

I had the Michelin PS2 with 255 front and 295 back; super expensive at 2000 USD a set but damn! they were good on the track but so fragile in the city; i shredded them apart

the NT05 is a tough tire all around, good for occasional track and great on street; good on rain
However my set up is good for street performance and HPDE 1 or 2

NITTO INVO is also a great tire you should look into

I will have my stock SRT rims and the 20" BBS for sale in about 1.5 months as i am selling off all of my 20in rims and going with 19" for the street and 18" for the track; they will be refurbished to new condition; i will post when they are available for sale; for now they are not

un sprung weight is a killer for what i want to do and tires weight a lot; rotational weight multiplies exponentially so any pounds saved on rotors, rims and tires is literally more horsepower at the rear wheels and 10th of seconds shaved off which translates in a gain of hundreds and hundreds of feet on each lap

on a SUV the upgrade from a 20" rim to a 22" rim with an overall diameter being the same, the Chevrolet SUV lost 33 rear wheel horse power just because of the added rotational weight; going into 22" rims means supercharging if you want to keep with top performance; sometime looks prevail over performance and it's ok as long as this is what you want and achieve

when i had the michelin on the BBS's the car was significantly faster (butt dyno...) than on the stock rims

for the strip NITTO has great tires as well; but M/T seems to be THE tire for the strip as i have read about it for the last 20 years in CAR CRAFT and other mag and forums

it really depends how you drive your car and you want it to look

Cheers

ODP

Attachments

Reactions: Danner

·
Registered
828 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
According to the SRT Engineers I spoke to at the Rollex24 all that is needed is all four shocks must be unplugged...

When all 4 are unplugged, adaptive suspension system = off...if 1,2,or 3 are unplugged, you will set dtc's.
:icon7:

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
According to the SRT Engineers I spoke to at the Rollex24 all that is needed is all four shocks must be unplugged...

When all 4 are unplugged, adaptive suspension system = off...if 1,2,or 3 are unplugged, you will set dtc's.
:icon7:
now we are talking! this is great news! Thank you for sharing your knowledge!

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
O-Racing:

The BBS CH-R and NT05 combination looks soooooo good!
Thank you! cannot take credit for that though, Speedfactory in Morrow, GA did it first

Here is the pix that inspired me to do...exactly the same... LOL

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
What is the deal with CH-R wheels? Are they difficult to find? Is Speedfactory the place to get them for Challengers? BTW, I'm in Texas.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Are you sure that you want to....

...disable Adaptive/electronic suspension? I have not raced with it....but I do turn it on when I want to have fun making tight turns. It seems to make a big difference. I read a few articles about it when it first came out in Motor Trend and C&D. They seemed to really like it. I believe it is corvette tech that has been applied to other performance cars.

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
So if you can unhook all four and not pop codes, does that mean a pre'11 90/10 shock set up would work for the strip or are the shock mounts different between a '10 and '11+?

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
...disable Adaptive/electronic suspension? I have not raced with it....but I do turn it on when I want to have fun making tight turns. It seems to make a big difference. I read a few articles about it when it first came out in Motor Trend and C&D. They seemed to really like it. I believe it is corvette tech that has been applied to other performance cars.
yes indeed! was exchanging emails with the tech peeps at EIBACH and corvettes were the first to have as it seems

i am happy with my stock for the street from 100 mph to 60 mph brake slamming the car it does a fair job and i cannot complain; it is comfortable and at the click of button i can pull >1G cornering on dry with my stock Good Year however that does not happen at more than 40/50 mph when i get off a bridge and take on the ramp to get off...always fun...

so why change?
I was at the track in New Jersey we came off the back straight at 130/140 mph and when i started to break heavily the nose of the car just pitched; then, i had another back straight with a turn in the middle where i would reach 115mph off a bump, then going down a very slight slope right before another turn with intense braking to grab the apex at 85 or so; again the nose of the car diving in, me controlling the steering, butt of the car feeling lite, not enough down force on the rear

so i am trying to stiffen the whole thing, going to stick a wing on the back and increase to 600/700 lbs of spring load

with the R2 line from EIBACH you can push even up to 1200 lbs of spring load within the time it takes to swap the coils for racing mode

the R2 lower the car too which is for me essential to lower the gravity point; so i got exactly what i am looking for

going with 19" all around, R2 suspension upgrade with a complete bushing set swap all around the car i am half way towards the car I want

this is the premise for this thread

ODP

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So if you can unhook all four and not pop codes, does that mean a pre'11 90/10 shock set up would work for the strip or are the shock mounts different between a '10 and '11+?
as per EIBACH yesterday all mounts are the same and he even told me that camaro mount on suspension are the same as the challenger...i was kind of surprised about that

but he confirmed that the mount did not change as it was for me an important point since i don't to weld anything and cut steel

on your specific question i cannot answer; better speak to the experts

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What is the deal with CH-R wheels? Are they difficult to find? Is Speedfactory the place to get them for Challengers? BTW, I'm in Texas.

Thanks.
i bought them from Speedfactory because i buy my cars from this dealer where speedfactory is located; SF is the speed shop for that dealer in Morrow, GA

for $4k i had Michelin PS/2 and BBS CHR mounted on the car, no thoughts, no sweat, turn key, done

at the time i had the 2012 and did not know jack about challengers; just loved the car but hated the 6.1 and the truck steering wheel; i was looking for the easy way period

i am sure u can get a better deal anywhere, however Michelin tires are expensive so overall, SF may be very competitive; discount tire has kick ass service and prices so i would check there first

i will sell mine in about 1.5 to 2 months, all refurbished and will sell my stock SRT wheels too

i going to 19" for the street and 18" for the track; no more 20's for me, done!

Cheers

ODP

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Did you ask eibach when and if they'll have a complete system for us?
Was on their site and I think I saw a package that would include coil overs but said coming soon if I remember correctly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did you ask eibach when and if they'll have a complete system for us?
Was on their site and I think I saw a package that would include coil overs but said coming soon if I remember correctly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
nope did not ask that; i did not see anything in the works to work with adaptive suspension such as KW; but KW and EIBACH collaborate on a bunch of stuff so i would not be surprised these guys are content with the KW offer on the market; it is such a small market segment, making money on this product would be very challenging; no pun intended

always worth the question by all means;

for me i am looking to get rid of that adaptive thing; it will never be a system with racing potential; the R2 system is

1 - 18 of 18 Posts