Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Callenger SRT 8 - 392
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I</SPAN> have challenger srt8 2014 auto. Resonator removed and replace with straight pipe. I have a excessive drone. In my quest to eliminate the drone, I found a technique that would venture to reduce the drone, this technique has been used previously by ford. They used a kind of elongated damper with a weight attached to a specific place in the exhaust system. Before a test, I would like your opinion.
Photos :

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
I say go for it and tell us how it went.

I'm very curious as to how much it will reduce drone. It should do something, but can you figure out the harmonics enough, or is it not that sensitive and almost any weight hanging along your exhaust will have a noticeable effect.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Hellcat
257 Posts
I</SPAN> have challenger srt8 2014 auto. Resonator removed and replace with straight pipe. I have a excessive drone. In my quest to eliminate the drone, I found a technique that would venture to reduce the drone, this technique has been used previously by ford. They used a kind of elongated damper with a weight attached to a specific place in the exhaust system. Before a test, I would like your opinion.
Photos :
Depending on how much drone you have, they are usually work with vibration harmonics but exhaust drone, not much help

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,549 Posts
Why WAS the posts shaded out?
Old forum had only white background, and ability to do colors, etc. I fixed it

A Guy

·
Registered
142 Posts
I find not tampering with home garage & hack muffler shops and getting something like a Corsa or Solo will prevent having to eleminate.

·
Registered
2011 gwe srt
582 Posts
I put a zoomer exhaust on my 392. It is loud and raw sounding. There is some drone but nothing like the heartbeat system that was on it when i bought it. that one would pound your ear drums to death on a 15 minute ride. For the most part drone is non existent with this set up and its probably the closest sounding thing to a 70s big block muscle car ive heard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts