Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I emailed Dodge today about my dissatisfaction with the 2011 color options. I requested that they continue to offer the more vintage colors (Torred, Detonator Yellow, B5 Blue, Hemi Orange). I am encouraging anyone who feels the same to email Dodge so that people buying a 2011 can have better color options. Dodge has brought these colors back before, so hopefully if they get flooded with emails they will consider doing the same this year.

This is the link for their customer service Dodge - Contact Us

Go to the "I need customer assistance" link. Then choose the "Send us an email" link.

Thanks for your support!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i dont see any problems with the 2011 colors

black, red, green, orange + white and blue for the IE...

orange/black/silver was better? i think the 4 2011 colors are more high impact

whats missing?

just because they havent announced any 'special' colors for 2011 yet?

2011 is going to be a short year and that green may be high impact

i dont see the problem

if I owned a HO, DY, Pink or PCP id be pissed if they released them every year....sublime is like the only color left.....maybe they dont want to screw the existing owners who bought a PCP car to be special...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if I owned a HO, DY, Pink or PCP id be pissed if they released them every year....sublime is like the only color left.....maybe they dont want to screw the existing owners who bought a PCP car to be special...
LOL! Why do people get mad at this? If you want to be special get a Tatoo. There are already thousands of these cars on the road. Your car is not one of a kind.

The point is that the colors they are offering are what they would offer on a regular sedan. I have seen a bunch of Kia's rolling around town with that same Mango Tango burnt orange color. The Challenger was designed as a Retro Classic Muscle Car. It deserves to have classic muscle car colors. I am not seeing that on the 2011's with the exception of the green color. The redline3 may be a throw back to Candy Apple Red.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I understand you wanting the color that you really want, but I have to say that I seriously doubt it will happen. TR, B5, and DY have been used on other vehicles recently (Wranglers and Rams) so they MAY make another appearance a ways on down the road, but HO was a Challenger-only reappearance, and with the new orange coming in, they just don't have room for that many colors at the plant during production.

With that being said, good luck. I'm a HO owner that doesn't care if they bring it back again, just at this point being as realist about what they can/will and can't/won't do.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
I do believe they have completely switched to the tri-coat paints. I could be wrong on that but I'm 99% sure they did. Which means, if they're bringing any colors back, they won't be exactly the same as the previous ones. I'd have to bet they're gonna be bringing out new colors now, not going back to old ones. Maybe based on some old colors but we should be seeing a few more pop up in 2011 and a couple for 2012.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I understand you wanting the color that you really want, but I have to say that I seriously doubt it will happen. TR, B5, and DY have been used on other vehicles recently (Wranglers and Rams) so they MAY make another appearance a ways on down the road, but HO was a Challenger-only reappearance, and with the new orange coming in, they just don't have room for that many colors at the plant during production.

With that being said, good luck. I'm a HO owner that doesn't care if they bring it back again, just at this point being as realist about what they can/will and can't/won't do.
HO was on Chargers too but not sure it was the same shade?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I agree with the OP about the more "muscle-y" colors, I do not like the new orange at all...even the double white on blue racing stripes (like on the...dare I say it...'stang). They look great on the car, but the car just doesnt look..."right"...to me with those colors on. I know they are going to experiment with all the colors, nobody wants the same color car as everyone else and they have to try something. But I think the retro-throwback-ness of the Challenger demands respect and should not be painted just any color they can spray on it for the sake of production numbers.
And for Gods sake, please keep Hemi Orange on the shelf. Its an exclusive return color and has been utilized as such, it should remain in whatever "limited" supply it is already in. Just my humble opinion of course. I dont know, maybe they should bring back Butterscotch.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Maybe RS can chime in on this to confirm.

I have heard through Chrysler personnel the Brampton plant only has the capibilties to spray a certain amount of colors. If I remember they can only spray 9 colors?????? Their paint system is antiquated and the system upgrade was cancelled when the company went into bankruptcy. Because they are also producing the Charger/300 this is why you will not see the rainbow of color offerings from the Brampton plant. Only a couple wild colors at any given time. Unless you want to see the Chargers and 300's in DY, PCP, B5, GWE, Red, HO, etc.

·
Registered
483 Posts
LOL! Why do people get mad at this? If you want to be special get a Tatoo. There are already thousands of these cars on the road. Your car is not one of a kind.

The point is that the colors they are offering are what they would offer on a regular sedan. I have seen a bunch of Kia's rolling around town with that same Mango Tango burnt orange color. The Challenger was designed as a Retro Classic Muscle Car. It deserves to have classic muscle car colors. I am not seeing that on the 2011's with the exception of the green color. The redline3 may be a throw back to Candy Apple Red.
:deadhorse:I'm guessing you don't own one of these colors, hence your lack of understanding of current owners' frustration. You are probably also unaware that when the colors mentioned above were released, they were touted as "mid-year" and "one-year only" colors, only to have Dodge change their minds at the start of the next year of production (at least for HO).

Regardless, I will be buying a 2011 GWE to replace my 2009 Hemi Orange due to the fact that green (Sublime actually) was what I wanted from the day they debuted the concept car, and I have been patiently waiting for them to release a green since then. That said, I wasn't going to let HO go by (since it was supposed to go away after the first year of production) when they released the initial 6-speed version of the car just in case Dodge never got to green.

While I agree that the car is retro styled and deserves to be presented in "classic" hues, they still have a good number of "Classic" high impact colors available that they have not explored yet. Time rotate some of them in and others out of the palette.

The fact that HO has become the belly button color of the fleet only makes it that much more appealing for me to make the color change. I guess you now know which side of the fence I fall on..........................:bigthumb:

·
Registered
99 Posts
The fact that HO has become the belly button color of the fleet only makes it that much more appealing for me to make the color change. I guess you now know which side of the fence I fall on..........................:bigthumb:

HEY...You callin' my car a belly button? :scratchhead:

J/K Not really sure what you mean by that reference, but I do respect your choice of color and the right to switch to a different one as well...I would not say that the majority of Challengers I see are any one particular color, definately not all HO, if anything those have been the rare-er sightings. I know thats probably somewhat geographical as well, my stepdaughter in Edmonton, Alberta Canada says that she sees a bunch of orange ones there. I didnt get my car until July 2010 and it was HO or nothing. Still seem pretty rare to me here in Houston, but I wouldnt change it for anything. The good thing is Dodge is offering choices, and some pretty good ones at that. 2011 will be no exception. Enjoy, and embrace diversity, for without it we are all one and the same. (which would suck.):)

·
Registered
9,558 Posts
And that's why I JUMPED on this DY in September. I wasn't going to wait/speculate or wish that DY was going to be available in '11.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I emailed Dodge today about my dissatisfaction with the 2011 color options. I requested that they continue to offer the more vintage colors (Torred, Detonator Yellow, B5 Blue, Hemi Orange). I am encouraging anyone who feels the same to email Dodge so that people buying a 2011 can have better color options. Dodge has brought these colors back before, so hopefully if they get flooded with emails they will consider doing the same this year.

This is the link for their customer service Dodge - Contact Us

Go to the "I need customer assistance" link. Then choose the "Send us an email" link.

Thanks for your support!

Major waste of time

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I have not seen a total list of the colors being offered for 2011 so I cannot comment.

I don't think it is a waste of time emailing them about what colors you like or don't like. I saw a video of the people in charge of paint colors and they said that because Hemi Orange was so popular and so many people requested that is why they brought it back in 2010 MY. Sales of colors, color trends and customers dictate what colors they offer within reason.

Yes, I also heard that the Brampton plant paint shop was supposed to get a redo but the bankruptcy killed it. That is one of the problems with the # of color offerings as they are limited on how many colors they can offer.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
This is amazing how late the new models are coming out. Must be the economy. As a kid I remember the new cars being delivered to our dealership in mid-September and we had to hide them from the public and on the grand showing day, we covered them in huge sheets of brown paper for the the big unveiling. Exciting times. I wonder when the website will start to post the 11's as new vehicles? On the dealer inventory pages will only the 11's be shown and not the left-overs? I just started looking at cars in Feb., so I haven't seen a year change yet.

I'm sure the colors are based on what they think will sell. I believe that everyone who wanted the previous colors has one by now and the new buyers who are looking are waiting in the wings. I feel the reason they kept HO around for 3 years is that it is the #2 seller, after black.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
This is amazing how late the new models are coming out. Must be the economy. As a kid I remember the new cars being delivered to our dealership in mid-September and we had to hide them from the public and on the grand showing day, we covered them in huge sheets of brown paper for the the big unveiling. Exciting times. I wonder when the website will start to post the 11's as new vehicles?
THIS model year for the LX platform is different. With Chrysler going through bankruptcy and Fiat taking over, in general, the Charger/300 were delayed because of the bankruptcy shutdown. Then, as rumor has it, management did not like the final products and ordered changes and some Daimler sourced parts removed. That is why the model year for the LX platform is delayed. The rest of the Chrysler product lineup got extensive redos which took more than the normal time.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
my stepdaughter in Edmonton, Alberta Canada says that she sees a bunch of orange ones there.:)
It's probably mine..lol I cruised it alot this year around the city.

I've only seen 2 other HO SRT's. I know there's more, there has to be? Not many HO R/T's either.

It's some what surprising in a city of 1 million..... but then again you have to look at the production numbers.

6400/7100 - 08
31500 - 09
38000 as of the end of October 2010 (Dodges number released Nov5 2010)

Also the HO for 2010 didn't start back up until the PCP's finished their run at the end of Febuary as far as I know. Mine has a build date of March 12 2010.

In 09 there were about 8100 SE's. None came in HO, so take that off the 31500 #.

Seeing another Challenger, expecially in a impact colors is rare just due to the small amount of Challengers produced.

It just doesn't seem like it here on this forum because everyone that has one is here....lol

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
Their paint system is antiquated and the system upgrade was cancelled when the company went into bankruptcy.
Earlier this year, the entire clean room area was transformed through deep cleans, upgraded lighting and the implementation of contamination prevention strategies. All basecoat bell assemblies and cabinets were taken apart, cleaned and components replaced where necessary. All 2011 models will have '360' sealing - all closure panels will have all hems sealed with a ribbon bead for enhanced corrosion protection (currently only lower hems are sealed). The upgrades also allow for the application of the new tri-coat paints. A new paint station was also added which allows custom colors to be produced for low production vehicle runs.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I kind of like the idea of more variety. I think the Redline3 (Candy Apple Red) has the chance of being a show stopper and the white with blue stripes and blue with white stripes look great. Metallic orange on the Challenger is going to be awesome looking, especially to Generation Y kids. One thing I've liked about the Mustangs is the variety of styles, packages, colors, and color/stripe combinations that have come out. Now with the black Mopar Challengers coming with 3 different side stripe packages, the 392 editions coming in two colors schemes and with green (sublime) and redline3 coming out, I think that gives the Challenger some new diversity. Change can be exciting too. I love my Torred, but I want to see Dodge explore everything this car can be and not be stagnant and have Challenger lovers say "what could have been" a couple of years from now when there may be no more Challenger.

Do it all now, I say. They've done PCP, Pink, Torred, B5 Blue, etc. Let's see some more combinations.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts