Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 scat pack, manual transmission, been having issues for months with break being set, car off and it moves by itself. Even parked on flat ground occasionally it will move. Looked online and looks like it's happening. Anyone else out there with a scat having issues with emergency brake also? Dealership says software issue but apparently it still isn't getting fixed. Sadly the car rolled into a tree today.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Get under the rear and adjust the shoes. Not sure how it could be a software issue when the brakes are purely mechanical.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,880 Posts
The software issue was only for automatics and it has nothing to do with the parking brake but simply the "Park" mode of the auto transmission.

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,447 Posts
With a manual transmission I always leave my Shaker in gear when I park it, and always have. Back in the day parking brakes were junk because of the cables. What cannot be done on our modern Challengers is starting them unless the clutch is disengaged, and that is a feature I don't like. Being able to move a car with just the starter sometimes has its uses although it is hell on the battery.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,508 Posts
With a manual transmission I always leave my Shaker in gear when I park it, and always have. Back in the day parking brakes were junk because of the cables. What cannot be done on our modern Challengers is starting them unless the clutch is disengaged, and that is a feature I don't like. Being able to move a car with just the starter sometimes has its uses although it is hell on the battery.
Yup, I also don't rely on the E-brake to hold the car why it is running unless it is absolutely flat ground. In 98 My parents had partial underground garage. The door was the old single panel type and had to be locked from the inside. I parked my 95 wrangler at the end of the inclined driveway some 25 ft away, ran inside to lock the garage door and next thing I know I am knocked some 5 feet from the door flat on my arse staring at a headlight. Darn jeep broke thru the door. The parking brake ratchet mechanism came undone due to the pedal vibrating from the engine idling.

It was a good think I was on the other side of the garage door otherwise I would have been seriously injured or worse, dead.

Thinking about this now reminds me of Anton and his jeep experience..poor guy RIP.

Anton Yelchin dead: Model of jeep that killed Star Trek actor was recalled for 'roll away risk' | The Independent

1 - 6 of 6 Posts