Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have the Challenger sports pedal covers (stainless with rubber dots) you will LOVE this post!

I have these nice pedal covers on my 2011 SRT-8, but Dodge did not put a matching cover on the emergency brake pedal - its a plain rubber cover. I did some searching on Challengertalk.com, and found a message saying that a Mercedes Benz part would match perfectly. On blind faith I called my local MB dealer and asked Parts to order me Part #203-430-00-84. It came in 3 days later and cost $20.

Yesterday I installed it and while its a tight fit to get it on, it is a perfect match in looks and fit. See the pic

I am guessing these pedal covers were shared parts from when MB owned Chrysler.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Bookmarked! Thanks for passing along the info!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Great Find!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I have one to. Use a little silicone spray or wd40, it will help getting the pedal cover on.

·
Registered
667 Posts
On cars with the auto these covers will need a bit of trimming on the back side to fit. I have one on mine and its a perfect match!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Great little addition to the car. Local Mercedes dealer actually had it in stock for 20 bucks. Sprayed some Windex on it and it slipped right on.

I can see it 20 years from now. Everyone trying to locate OEM parking brake pads to replace the non original ones some idiot added years ago. :pimp:

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
looks great...$20 is a nice price as well
here is another resource for folks shopping around

ULTIMATE PEDALS

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Did this mod about two weeks ago, looks great.
Speedy (from speedysgarage.com) also did this mod sometime back and it's where I got the info from.

Looks good..

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Yep... got this one from Speedy a few months ago... it fits great and just adds to the looks of the three pedals... and we all know that 3 pedals have more fun!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, bought the part, but when I tried to put it on, it didnt fit secure. The molding in the back is totally different. The factory one has a grove cut out on the top to conform to the pedal. The Mercedes part did not, thus, it only fits three sides. Any ideas? I thought about glueing it in place, it will work, but looking for a better solution. Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just put mine on last week. The trick is to lube it up with something, I used Palmolive dishsoap (others have used Vaseline). Get two corners on first and then work your way around to the other two corners with your finger.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Must be an automatic.

Hi, bought the part, but when I tried to put it on, it didnt fit secure. The molding in the back is totally different. The factory one has a grove cut out on the top to conform to the pedal. The Mercedes part did not, thus, it only fits three sides. Any ideas? I thought about glueing it in place, it will work, but looking for a better solution. Any help is appreciated
The part is a direct fit to a manual car and it needs a bit of cutting and a little adhesive on the automatics. I know this has been stated before but if you have an automatic the part needs trimming on one side and I would use a touch of glue to make sure it stays perfectly in place after trimming.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
It's a direct fit on the 6 speed but NOT the automatic. You would need to cut it and use an ahesive to keep it on the automatic. Here's a couple of photos. Just doesn't look like it will stay on the automatic compared to the OEM pad. The OEM pad for the automatic has the notch and is alot thicker.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Just installed mine today,it's an automatic.Cut a few slits in the rubber on the right side(looking at the pedal).Removed the OEM pad,then used 3-M Trim Adhesive and applied it thinly to the to the foot pedal.Installed the pad and used a small "C" clamp to hold it firmly together for about an hour.Worked out great!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Gorilla Super Glue

It's a direct fit on the 6 speed but NOT the automatic. You would need to cut it and use an ahesive to keep it on the automatic. Here's a couple of photos. Just doesn't look like it will stay on the automatic compared to the OEM pad. The OEM pad for the automatic has the notch and is alot thicker.
I cut a pad correctly to fit and used a large drop of Gorilla Super glue on my 2008 SRT8 Auto. It stayed on fine. When I sold the car I had to pry very hard to get the Mercedes part off.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts