Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I just received a notice of an emissions recall for certain 2015 - 2016 Challengers which may release air pollutants which exceed the Canadian standards. No parts available yet for a fix.

I am not sure if this will effect any vehicles within the USA?

FYI

Thanks

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,353 Posts
Just looked up my 2015 RT and nothing shows up except R40 / NHTSA 15V-461 (RADIO SECURITY VULNERABILITY) which was already taken care of when I bought the car. Could it be specific to the Scats?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,643 Posts
Can you provide any numbers? Copy of the notice?

Search Results

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,643 Posts
2014, 2015, 2016 Chrysler 300
2014, 2015, 2016 Dodge Challenger
2014, 2015, 2016 Dodge Charger

On certain vehicles, the vapour canister may not adequately recover the fuel vapours when refueling. As a result, the evaporative emissions may exceed the prescribed standards.

Dealers will replace the vapour canister on all affected vehicles.

Number of vehicle/Engines affected 11300
http://data.ec.gc.ca/data/instruments/systems/notices-of-defect/Notices_of_defect.xlsx

We don't have vapours in the US :D

A Guy

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Just got mine in the mail today here in Ohio I do not know if I'm going to take it in and get it done or not. I cannot find the evap canister, on my old charger it was on the fender on the passenger side up by the front. A search tells me this thing is above my muffler? I'd really rather just do it myself

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Funny thing is.. I did a hard track day at Road Atlanta over the summer. I went to fill my car up on the way home and fuel started leaking out from the evap canister location (rear right wheel well). It leaked an alarming amount. However, I never had the issue again.

The SRT and 2015 Scat Pack should have the same evap canister and the SRT is marketed to be track ready. I am almost willing to bet money that what I experienced is related to the recall. ?

·
Registered
2015 Challenger RT/STP A8
207 Posts
Hello everyone I also just received the recall notice for my 2015 A8 Challenger STP.

Has anyone taken their car to the dealer to get the evap canister repaired? What are the results?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, I just joined the Challenger talk due to this latest recall. My Chally is a 2015 granite grey SRT with A8. My understanding about his recall is the dealer will have to replace the evap canister. The symptom of a bad evap. system is: Gas nozzle keep tripping out during fill up even when the gas nowhere close to the max level. This suppose to affect the Charger too, and Dodge already been fixing this for vehicle under warranty if the owner complaints about the issue. I think they just now decided to recall all including the my 2015 (which probably out of basic warranty but still have the engine and emission coverage). Personally I didn't schedule my repair yet, and this what i know at this time, and I am not claimed it's 100% correct (my personal disclaimer)

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
726 Posts
Got the notice yesterday...Scheduled for a fix next week...Will follow up for everyone...They are talking about taking 3/4 hours...Nuts...Paper just says 1 hour...

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,366 Posts
...The symptom of a bad evap. system is: Gas nozzle keeps tripping out during fill up even when tank is no where near full...
I got the notice for my '15 SRT392. My car has actually done this a couple times. Letter says it'll take less than an hour at the dealer.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger RT/STP A8
207 Posts
Got the notice yesterday...Scheduled for a fix next week...Will follow up for everyone...They are talking about taking 3/4 hours...Nuts...Paper just says 1 hour...
Thanks for sharing Jack44, keep us updated once you take your car into the dealer. Everyone else has a point the notice states it would take 1 hour, maybe the dealer was busy and thus the longer time frame?

They might be trying to under promise and over deliver?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,643 Posts
-The Evaporative Emissions Canister on your vehicle may be unable to absorb the necessary amount of gasoline vapors during vehicle refueling which may cause exceedance of onboard refueling vapor recovery emissions standards.

-FCA will repair your vehicle free of charge (parts and labor). To do this, your dealer will replace the Evaporative Emissions Canister. The estimated repair time is about one hour

UB4 FEDERAL EMISSIONS UB4 - 2014-2016MY L-CAR VAPOR CAN 2014 - 16 - LA/LX CERGUB41AA

A Guy

Attachments

Reactions: Jack44

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Yeah they lied to you, it will take that long for the exhaust to cool before they can do the swap. (It is located above the muffler)

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
726 Posts
Yeah they lied to you, it will take that long for the exhaust to cool before they can do the swap. (It is located above the muffler)
Frank...I wrote that wrong...1 hour to install but 3 to 4 hours total...

Reactions: Frank Julian
1 - 20 of 125 Posts