Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
657 Posts
So, for all those folks that didn't know where the EVAP cannister is, like me for one...and try to determine just how long it might take to replace..Here's where it is...It ain't near the exhaust pipe...Take off wheel...Remove plastic inner liner...Remove/Replace...put back on inner liner...and wheel..

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
So, for all those folks that didn't know where the EVAP cannister is, like me for one...and try to determine just how long it might take to replace..Here's where it is...It ain't near the exhaust pipe...Take off wheel...Remove plastic inner liner...Remove/Replace...put back on inner liner...and wheel..

Hmm if that is where it is at, I wonder if I bought a new fender liner if the dealer would install it for nothing since it needs take off and put back on anyway. I rubbed a small hole through mine on my passenger side before I added the .25" wheel spacer. (315 rear tires).

Maybe @stevewhite could get me a part number (right side rear inner fender liner for a 2015 Challenger R/T

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,716 Posts
That looked like a 4 door wheel liner in the video :p

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,716 Posts
Yeah, every Mopar link to UB4 doesn't work, I posted the same pdf as you in one of my posts above. In searching people all say the link in email/online doesn't work, lol

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,772 Posts
Yeah, every Mopar link to UB4 doesn't work, I posted the same pdf as you in one of my posts above. In searching people all say the link in email/online doesn't work, lol

A Guy
Ah, I only saw the excel version from Canada, I should have kept reading. If you go to Mopar Connect and register your vehicle it shows all open recalls for your vehicle plus the PDF pertaining to the recall. But it looks like all recall PDFs (even unrelated ones for my liberty and JGC) don't work. I don't recall this being a problem before. :p

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,716 Posts
Yeah, I got vins for several cars that showed that open recall, the link didn't work on any. People discussing on forums say the same.

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,772 Posts
Yeah, I got vins for several cars that showed that open recall, the link didn't work on any. People discussing on forums say the same.

A Guy
Yeah but I did not get an emailed link, I log into mopar connect and click on one of my vehicles with a recall and none of the recall PDFs work, even my non-challenger vehicles.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,716 Posts
Yes, that's the link that doesn't work, it's a Mopar link everywhere I have found, and in keeping with the excellence in updates,,,it doesn't work, lol

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,772 Posts
It really is frustrating because I get a flag when I select my vehicle saying...hey you have 1 incomplete recall, would you like to schedule an appointment...yet I can't see what the recall is for. At least on my open recall for the JGC it provides a description but nada for the challenger. Don't their people check the links? Oh wait, probably not as they don't check if uconnect software version brick features before they send them out. And it's not just FCA, this type of sloppy web service is everywhere...heck my comcast account is telling me a payment due date is coming up but the webpage for payment won't load. Turns out this has been a problem on their end that started months ago. If I pulled this type of sloppiness at work I would be terminated ASAP.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
657 Posts
Someone go get it done and let us know how long it took...I had to cancel my appointment...Need new guinea pig...?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,772 Posts
I really don't want to take my challenger to the dealership. I still have an open recall for the airbags on my liberty...scheduled 2 appointments with my local dealer and both times was sent home as they did not have the parts to replace.

The replacement canister is like <$30.

Removal seems simple enough.
  1. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
  2. Remove the fuel tank filler cap.
  3. Raise and support the vehicle.
  4. Remove the right rear wheelhouse splash shield (Refer to 23 - Body/Exterior/SHIELD, Splash, Wheel House/Removal) (Refer To List 1).

5. Disconnect the ESIM wire harness connector (1).
  6. Disconnect the fuel tank vapor line (2) quick-connect fitting from the EVAP canister and position aside.
  7. Disconnect the vapor purge line (3) quick-connect fitting from the EVAP canister and position aside.

8. Remove the vapor canister retaining nut (1).
  9. Lower the front of the vapor canister.
  10. Slide the vapor canister forward off of rear mounting brackets.

11. Make sure you do not lose the rear mounting bracket rubber mounts.
  12. Remove the vapor canister, ESIM, and fresh air filter from the vehicle as an assembly.

21 - 40 of 103 Posts