Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Well Got mine done last night, the longest part was waiting for them to get it in to do it. total work took about 45 minutes, the tech said it was the first one he did. Somehow they said everything above my wheel liner was melted..... LOL don't know how that happened. Only complaint the tech put the wheel liner in wrong, I fixed it when I got it home. he had the parts that push pin in at the bottom towards the front of the car on the wrong side of the trim. hard to explain without pics, and it rubbed until I fixed it.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
723 Posts
...and for this they want my car for 4 hours???...................

2 dealers in SF Bay area I checked with want 3 to 4 hours...Told them it says it takes an hour...What do you do with the car for those other 3...Quiet...

Could the dealers then charge corporate the extra time?...Hmmm...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,549 Posts
Apparently the word appointment has lost it's meaning. Not an appointment time to have the work done, but an appointment time to start a 3 or 4 hour period that sometime during, they will actually address your car.

A Guy

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
...and for this they want my car for 4 hours???...................

2 dealers in SF Bay area I checked with want 3 to 4 hours...Told them it says it takes an hour...What do you do with the car for those other 3...Quiet...

Could the dealers then charge corporate the extra time?...Hmmm...
Got some similar "treatment" when I asked about getting the CAN/Cruise control update/fix applied.

Wanted to wait but told it takes several hours -- even though others had posted the update took way less time -- and I couldn't wait that long. Asked about a loaner -- just to drive 10 miles to my house and pick up my other car to use until my car was done -- and told no loaner. Asked about a shuttle to run me home to get my other car. No shuttle.

Just drop the car off and we'll call you when it is done. Given where the dealer is located and where I work I would have had to just go on about my business and pick up the car the next day.

What lousy stinking customer service. (And this is the same service advisor that when I asked about having the yellow air splitter protectors removed told me the yellow air splitter protectors are intended to stay on the car!)

I'm not making excuses for the dealer/service advisor but I sort of think it may be to discourage people bringing in their car for these things, because it may be the factory doesn't reimburse enough to cover the time/labor.

However, when I took my car in for a ride along to demo the +paddle shift misbehavior -- which of course did not appear -- after the ride along the shop foreman checked my car and found it due for 3 updates: One was the CAN/cruise control thing, one was an engine controller update, the 3rd was an transmission controller update. He had a tech take the car into the service area ("barn") and park it at the end of his service bay and apply the updates. In under an hour the updates were applied.

Now that was some excellent customer service.

Quite a difference compared to what customer service the other dealer was prepared to offer me.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I got the notice today. They must be backlogged in getting the notices out.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Just got mine today also :(

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
Got mine today. FCA only sends them when the weather is just ready to turn bad. Not getting this one done either unless the car has to go in for some other failure.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,549 Posts
Should just be a hardware change

A Guy

·
Registered
13 Posts
They have to read the PCM to make sure it does not have an EVAP leak. I don't think it will affect anything as they do not write to it.
One would assume if there was a leak and being garage kept you would smell the fumes, right? I've never smelled any fumes or witnessed any leakage. It would be interesting to know if any members are going to do the work themselves.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Great....time to take a heavily modified challenger and hope some dingbat isnt pulling my car in and out...
Ever since i got the barton, ive been sketchy with valet/bus boys.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Called my local dealer and they are ordering the part. Soon as they receive it they will call me to schedule. I'm fortunate that my local dealer has awesome customer service and techs....

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Just got my notice today for my '16 SP.

It's snowing with ice coming. The update can wait til Spring. Living in Missouri, guess that California standards can just wait a little longer! Lol

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
564 Posts
I feel bad for y'all that have dealers with lousy customer service. My go-to dealer for service is Garber Chrysler Dodge Jeep in Green Cove, Springs, FL and they had me in and out of the dealership in just over an hour. There's something to be said for doing business in a small nearby community instead of the busy big-city dealers for service.

They offered me an appointment within two days but I delayed till the following Monday. They offered to take me home (too far for the short wait in my opinion) or to a nearby shopping area. I chose to hang around and look at the new cars. They had a sweet Challenger 1320 on the lot and that new Jeep Gladiator is pretty bad ass.

Reactions: JavierA

·
Registered
13 Posts
I feel bad for y'all that have dealers with lousy customer service. My go-to dealer for service is Garber Chrysler Dodge Jeep in Green Cove, Springs, FL and they had me in and out of the dealership in just over an hour. There's something to be said for doing business in a small nearby community instead of the busy big-city dealers for service.

They offered me an appointment within two days but I delayed till the following Monday. They offered to take me home (too far for the short wait in my opinion) or to a nearby shopping area. I chose to hang around and look at the new cars. They had a sweet Challenger 1320 on the lot and that new Jeep Gladiator is pretty bad ass.
Did they have to connect to the PCM?

41 - 60 of 125 Posts