Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I feel bad for y'all that have dealers with lousy customer service. My go-to dealer for service is Garber Chrysler Dodge Jeep in Green Cove, Springs, FL and they had me in and out of the dealership in just over an hour. There's something to be said for doing business in a small nearby community instead of the busy big-city dealers for service.

They offered me an appointment within two days but I delayed till the following Monday. They offered to take me home (too far for the short wait in my opinion) or to a nearby shopping area. I chose to hang around and look at the new cars. They had a sweet Challenger 1320 on the lot and that new Jeep Gladiator is pretty bad ass.
I hear you! I have a great dealer & service department here in Raleigh - Leigh Dodge or Jeep and their customer service is AWESOME!

·
Registered
305 Posts
So I called to set up an appointment, and told they have no parts, and it will be two months. I am #11 in the the waiting line at the dealership I have warranty work done at.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
So I called to set up an appointment, and told they have no parts, and it will be two months. I am #11 in the the waiting line at the dealership I have warranty work done at.
I haven't even contacted my dealer. Going to wait until Spring hits. California specs can wait. Lol

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
436 Posts

Back when people were getting the timing chain recalls done, Dodge Cares was able to help some people shorten the wait. Might mean going to a nearby dealer though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
sounds like its not that big of a deal and can wait until spring or maybe for ever! I've never smell any fumes or saw any leaks, heated garage kept. 2016 SPS

·
Registered
445 Posts
Just had this done today. Took about an hour.

·
Registered
445 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Dont think they had to go in PCM, since its only a cannister

·
Registered
1 Posts
sounds like its not that big of a deal and can wait until spring or maybe for ever! I've never smell any fumes or saw any leaks, heated garage kept. 2016 SPS
I took my SRT into the a greater Los Angeles area dealership to fix the recall of my evaporative emissions canister. Every time I go in it seems like the place is run by a bunch of kids and have been weary of their past questionable work on my car. The appointment took 3 hours and they claimed on my paperwork that the evap canister had been replaced. The following Monday I hauled my vehicle into my good friend's auto repair store so he could double-check their work (it seems every time I do this I uncover less than professional work). According to him, and what I could see, the back wheel well had remained untouched! There were no wrench marks or disturbances that would be clear after such a (supposed) completed job. When he had a Dodge salesperson friend run my VIN, it came up as clear for the repair, meaning I am on the hook if something were to go wrong causing a bigger engine failure.
I am undecided where to go from here. I am tempted to return the car to the dealership, point out my concern on their business practice, and have a superviser monitor the work. Or, perhaps, I just let it go. I don't trust this dealership (and will not return after this episode), however, I am tied to them now in regards to this recall. Any advice upon how I should proceed?
Thanks, R

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,425 Posts
Not sure I would let this go just yet and replace it myself. I would go back and have a chat with the service department manager. If you determine that they fraudulently stated they did a repair that was not actually performed, this needs to go to the next level.... Bureau of Automotive Repairs or higher up on the Dodge food chain possibly. They would be incredibly stupid to get in the fraud game, particularly where recalls are concerned. After bringing this to light, I would then do the repair myself.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I would just make sure like 100% that they didn’t do the work before you escalate anything. Sure, the service bulletin states that they have to remove the wheel liner and whatnot to do the job, but more often then not...

Tech’s at dealerships find shortcuts to finish the job faster then what it calls for. Now why the 3 hour wait you ask? Because that tech will still get paid for the full time. Now when it comes to warranty, usually tech’s get pissy because they get paid less for warranty work. So whose to say since they’re currently getting so many of these jobs, that the tech didnt find some shortcut to finish the job and still flag all of his hours?

Im not saying this is what happened to you, but it certainly has happened many times before.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,691 Posts
If indeed the job wasn't performed...then a different dealership is where to go. if they confirm a competing dealership committed fraud...oh boy. But as mentioned, if the work was done, and just isn't obvious...

A Guy

·
Registered
445 Posts
Now you got me thinking, had it done last Saturday. I am very paranoid now and I must check my car on the weekend. lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Now you got me thinking, had it done last Saturday. I am very paranoid now and I must check my car on the weekend. lol
good idea for anyone taking their car to have the dealer do the install-make a mark on one or two of the fender inner wall rivets to indicate wether they have been remove.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
657 Posts
good idea for anyone taking their car to have the dealer do the install-make a mark on one or two of the fender inner wall rivets to indicate wether they have been remove.
Maybe a piece of tape inside too...

61 - 80 of 103 Posts