Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had their car emissions tested with their Whipple Supercharger installed?

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,723 Posts
How do they test where you're located? Is it a sniff test or an OBDII or some other way?

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Idaho uses an OBDII test. I have cats and I think all sensors are on and ready. I am not sure what they look for under the hood but I will be using the stock air box for the test.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
634 Posts
Long as the TUNE is correct the it will pass. Idaho should be like WA, OBD check for smog codes.

Never had any of my rides fail in WA, even with aftermarket cats, the tune is key. WA never looked under the hood or under the car.
WA state 1980-2009

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,723 Posts
My old C5 Vette (blown, meth injected, headers, exhaust, etc) had no cats on her and passed the OBDII test. You are right and the tune is pretty much everything providing that your car is mechanically sound. The big thing is to make sure that the emissions system reports that it is "Ready" and has gone through all of its checks. Get your Challenger up to temperature when you take her in too.

Explanation of what a Readiness test consists of................

If you have access to a code reader, then check to see if you're throwing a code and if not, then I'd give it a shot.

Good Luck and Please let us know how it goes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts