Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
easy. all that stuff is after the cats so it doesnt change or mess with the emmissions. Now if your are talking about long tube headers and high flow cats or something like that, then thats a totally different story.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
If you're removing cats

The non fouler mod fools the pcm so that it shows the cats are still working properly.Shutting off the o2 sensors with the Diablo doesn't let you pass smog inspection,you need to have 02's on.
If you want to do this goto the help section in your local auto parts store(Autozone).Get the spark plug non foulers.The part # is 42002(18mm) get two packs for $4 bucks a pack.They come two in a pack.Get some steel wool,1/2 steel drill bit & some anti seize.Drill out two of them & don't touch the inside threads while your drilling or you won't be able to screw in your o2 sensor.Take the steel wool with the two you didn't drill out & stuff it loosely in the small hole,the steel wool is a filter like the cats.Put your anti seize on the two you drilled out on the outside threads & screw into the two you just packed with the steel wool.Screw in the non foulers into the o2 placements using anti seize.Then screw in your o2's using anti seize but make sure you don't get anti seize on o2 sensors.DONE,no codes. My pics are a little blury but you should get the idea.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.

Report this image

Report this image

Reactions: c26bt34c

·
Registered
474 Posts
Just like whiterabbit said, as long as everything your changing is after the catalytic converters it's fair game. Cops might not like your straight pipes too much, but from an emissions standpoint they couldn't care less if your car wakes up the neighborhood in the morning!

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
O2 sensor anti foulers

So, seeing the drill in the pics, I can assume that if the O2 extenders are purchased that have the 3 different sized inserts, the largest orificed insert would be the optimal one to start with?

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
So, seeing the drill in the pics, I can assume that if the O2 extenders are purchased that have the 3 different sized inserts, the largest orificed insert would be the optimal one to start with?
No, when I went to Autozone, they had only the one sized hole... Just drill out the furthest antifouler and screw it into the unmodified antifouler with a very small amount of steel wool in between.

Reactions: BobT
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.