Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Read this post and verify it against your own research.

-- This post is a summary of available Dodge Challenger incentives.
-- Chrysler can change this program at any time (and they already have).
-- If you think something here needs updating, please PM me.
-- This post wouldn't be necessary if Chrysler distributed consistent info to their dealer network!!!

* UPDATE: EMPLOYEE PLUS PLUS TERMINATED FOR SRT8

The SRT8 was available with Employee Pricing for about a week...then Chrysler pulled it from the program.

* UPDATE: EMPLOYEE PLUS PLUS LIMITED FOR CHALLENGERS IN WESTERN REGIONS

Verify any/all incentives in your area by calling the Chrysler Incentives Assistance Center at 1-800-227-0757. It appears that Chrysler may be changing the rules on the fly, so check with them to make sure of the Challenger incentives in effect for your area. Some folks (especially in the West) are reporting that dealers are not honoring EPP on any Challenger.
One person was recently told the following: "Employee pricing has been stopped in the Western Region CA, AZ, NV, HI, AK, OR, WA & Guam)for Challengers.

* UPDATE: EMPLOYEE PRICING ENDS FOR ALL CHALLENGERS ON MARCH 2!

I called the Incentives Assistance Center this morning (March 3) and here's what they told me: All Challengers are being removed from Employee Pricing. However, they are still eligible for financing incentives, including 0% for 48 months or 5.9% for 60 months, AND $1,000 cash back for financing through Chrysler Financial.

Dodge Challenger Employee Plus Plus Incentive Programs

Source: Chrysler Incentives Customer Service Center (1-800-227-0757)

RT & SE are elligible for ALL of the following:

• Program # 38H9A.....Employee Pricing ($125 fee will apply) <- EMPLOYEE PRICE EXPIRES MARCH 2!
  • Program # 38A95.....0% APR for 48 months - (very well-qualified borrowers only)
  • Program #:GLC9H.....$1,000 Bonus Cash for financing through Chrysler
* * * IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT EMPLOYEE PLUS PLUS * * *

Employee Plus Plus incentives cover Challenger RT & SE models only.
SRT8's were included early on in the program for about a week, but Chrysler decided to pull them from the program.

Employee Plus Plus incentives are not being honored on Challengers by some dealers.
Remember that individual dealers may choose NOT to give you Employee Pricing on a Challenger. That's up to the dealer. However, if they insist that Chrysler is telling them it's not included in the EPP promotion, call the 1-800 number and check it out for yourself. Some dealers have bad information.

0% financing is available only for "VERY well-qualified" buyers
Chrysler uses their own scoring method to determine who is well-qualified. Multiple factors are considered: down payment amount, term, credit score, etc. You'll probably need a credit score in the very high 700s and be putting down a significant down payment to get approved. People with credit scores of 780 and 20% down payments have been turned down. Don't count on getting 0% unless your credit is A+.

The only loan available with Employee Pricing is 0% for 48 months
You can't get a 60 month loan @ 2.9% AND get Employee Pricing. However, a few dealers have done this. So if you want a 60 month loan AND employee pricing, ask if they'll do it.

Challengers are NOT elligible for the Chrysler Loyalty Rebate or the $500 Auto Show Cash
These incentives are usually listed at the bottom of the Dodge and Chrysler home pages. Ask for these discounts anyway, because a few people have been lucky and received one or the other.

A dealer can give you Employee Price if you order a car
However, you supposedly will only get the financing incentives that are in effect when the car is delivered to the dealer. You can't "lock-in" 0% financing and the $1,000 Chrysler Financial Bonus Cash. This is according to Bob Frederick (a Dodge dealer and website sponsor). However, some are reporting that their dealer has agreed to "lock in" Employee Price AND 0% financing at the time the car is ordered. So don't be afraid to ask!

Chrysler Financial incentives are listed on their website
Here's the link: http://www.chryslerfinancial.com/incentives/incentives.do

Know the incentive program numbers listed above
There's been some confusion at the dealership level as to what incentives can be applied to Challengers. Have these numbers handy in case your dealer doesn't have a clue (which is very possible).

Have any questions?
Call the Chrysler Incentives Assistance Center at 1-800-227-0757.

Employee Plus Plus for Challengers ends March 31 [ Very unclear on this!!! ]
Some have said it's March 2nd, but someone had a dealer pull it up and it specifically said March 31.

Employee Pricing is available on Dodge.com
Price your Challenger here: Dodge - Build My Own - Model Selection

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Awesome info. Id recomend even calling right in front of their face if they give you a hard time. You call and mention these program numbers, act like you know what youre talking about, and theyre gonna think youre a high up in chrysler or something haha.

·
Registered
531 Posts
That's great, Top_fuel, now we just have to figure out what EPP really is. I've seen a lot of numbers about, some based on list, some based on Invoice, but none sound like they came directly from the company's mouth.

Cliff

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
we had and SRT8 in Sundays paper that was marked down 4K and it said for dealer incentives. Thats a pretty good chunk of discount. hemi orange, list was 45.700 down to 4k something.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Google search for Chrysler Employee Pricing. The number that I've seen is sometimes 5%, sometimes 4-6%. That is the percentage BELOW INVOICE.

In any case, the Employee Price is printed right on the car's invoice. It shouldn't be a mystery number. My guess is that in another day or two, websites like edmunds.com and carsdirect.com will have the official pricing. They already have employee pricing for Fords. And it's accurate...because I have 3 new Mustang invoices sitting on my desk right now wth employee pricing on them.

Here's an idea...somebody call the Chrysler Incentives Customer Service Center at 1-800-227-0757 and ask them what Employee Price is! I'd do it, but I'm leaving for home right now!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I got me one! Tored Red Loaded SRT8 6-speed with sticker of 45,425. Employee price was 41,010 AND got $1000 rebate on top of that AND 0% financing for 48 months. Woo hoo, happy camper!!

Update:
I just looked at the Dodge Web site and it now says Challenger(excl. SRT8). It did not have that exclusion at 9am this morning! When I went in to make the deal, there was mass confusion and they ended up talking to the regional manager and finance people. In the end they gave me the full deal of Employee price of 41,010(sticker was 45,425) AND got $1000 rebate on top of that AND 0% financing for 48 months. Man I never have this kind of good luck!

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
srt 8 are included i just got off the phone with the above customer service #

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
srt 8 are included i just got off the phone with the above customer service #
Sweet halaluya!

My SRT is being offloaded from a railcar as I type in prep for final transit to dealer. I spoke to the dealer a little while ago and they were the ones to mention this to me even though we had a firm agreement on price. The Sales Manager said there was conflicting information on this as one thing said it allowed SRT's and another confilicted this. Dodge's own website says no...

Dodge - Current Incentives - Texas Dodge Dealer - Texas Truck Stop

If is is true, I can save another $2K in price plus another $4k in finance charges and move from a 5 year loan to a 4 yr with very little difference in price.

Any confirmed sales for SRT's under this program? I may be the first Ginnue Pig as my sale will probably go through this Thursday. (The 29th)

·
Registered
22 Posts
lol this is what a dealer told me after i gave him the program numbers etc:

"Well I hate to tell you this but they are wrong as usual. I have all the programs and rule and in Big Letter
it says EP PRICE PLUS OR LOW APR + UP TO $1000. If you can find a dealer to give you all 3 then go for it."

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd recomend even calling right in front of their face if they give you a hard time.
I'd sit down at a speaker phone with the Finance Manager and let the Chrysler rep explain it to them while you listen. Although it's pathetic that anyone would have to do that... :disappointed:

Honestly, if a dealer is such an azz that he tells you that you're info (as confirmed from Chrysler Financial) is wrong, I'd walk out and wouldn't do business with them.

I told the person at Chrysler that dealers were giving out conflicting incentive info regarding the Employee Plus Plus deal. The person just kind of laughed and said, "...dealers don't know what they're talking about."

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
@TOP FUEL:

Thanks so much for this info! haha, I just got off the phone with the dealer that has the car I want and it was pretty much "Nope no incentives on the Challenger" and then I got him to find the $1000 off through Chrysler financial and THEN I hit him with the EPP #38H9A and he kind of stammered and said "Yeah I just found that and I don't know if we are going to do that on this car."

So anyway, he said he would call me back. I am pretty sure I am getting my chain yanked but it was fun to go in armed thanks to this post. Being in California I am pretty sure to get screwed though so will probably end up not getting to take advantage of these supposed great deals.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Update on my deal with my SRT coming in Thursday....

Finance Manager just called. EPP is extended to SRT models!!! WooHooo!
Said I had to pay a $125 fee to get it but if it saves $2K off the price, I have no problem paying $125. Plus, I asked about the financing. Yep, can get that too! Just as long as I come back with AA credit rating. Apparently this does not matter of just what your credit score is but also how much you are putting down etc. Luckily it sounds as if I will qualify and therefore save some serious $ in long run as well as knock a year off my payments...

When I told him this was good as there has been conflicting info passed around on the board, he said yea, you could go to another dealer and they could give you a different answer but this is what they are going by! And I didn't even have to ask for it, they offered it when I called for an update! :woot:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just got off the phone with Chrysler Financial Incentives Customer Service Center. Here's the "Employee Plus Plus" Challenger incentive information as told to me STRAIGHT FROM CHRYSLER:

If you buy a 2009 Challenger RT, you are elligible for ALL THREE of the following incentive programs:

• Program # 38H9A.....Employee Pricing ($125 fee will apply)
  • Program # 38A95......0% APR for 48 months - (well-qualified borrowers only)
  • Program #:GLC9H.....$1,000 bonus cash for financing through Chrysler
Just to be clear...this person said ALL THREE of the above incentive programs are compatible on an RT!

** NOTE: The conflicting incentive numbers you are seeing on Dodge's website today (the deals you see when you put in your zip code to find incentives) are a different incentive program!!! It's very misleading and I let them know it!!!!! :disappointed:

OK...so what about the SRT8??? This sounds hard to believe, but keep reading...

According to the person I spoke to, the SRT8 IS available with Employee Pricing AND 0% for 48 months...but not the $1,000 bonus cash. I forgot to ask if this covers '08 or '09...or both.

The person also gave me the following advice:
If your dealer tries to play dumb and jerk you around, simply reference the above program numbers.

If in doubt about anything I just posted, call the Chrysler Incentives Customer Service Center yourself at 1-800-227-0757 before you visit your local dealer.
I take it then the $500 Owner's only cash allowance does not apply? I received a mailing last week with this offer and it says it's good till March 2nd and also says in capital letters "IN ADDITION TOO" most current incentives.

1 - 20 of 307 Posts