Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
My dealer says nope - they checked Dodge's website themselves.

This is one of the highest purposes of the internet, right here.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Hey you are welcome to come to California and deal with the ones I am... Well at least we get to drive our cars year round but we take it where it hurts if we are impatient.
Must be a west coast thing? How much of a markup in Cali? A dodge dealer in my neck of a the woods still have a 2008 Black SRT 8 and they still want 55k.. :brickwall:

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
My dealer says nope - they checked Dodge's website themselves.

This is one of the highest purposes of the internet, right here.
Like others have said, if the dealers don't want to participate they won't and will pretend they never heard of it. It is on the web site right now, the program is valid, most dealers just suck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm new here but I've been watching the talk, thanks for a great site to share info.

Wife and I purchase loaded Silver 6spd SRT8 with Nav, Kicker, Sunroof, tire option MSRP 45,525, dealer of course said he did not have to sell an SRT on the EPPP and I responded and I don't have to buy from him! That said he laid down the numbers. 41263 then 1000 for financing and then 500 for military and 0% 48 months, came to 39,763.

They let us do this Saturday night no money down, told me to come back on Tuesday to square up. This was in Williamsburg VA. I feel it was a fair price considering in June they were getting 10k over MSRP for an AUTO!

Now I'm looking for those damn Mustangs!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have emailed two Dealers inquiring about Challengers on there web site and asked if they were participating in the Employee Pricing Program. I had one of them , a 5 STAR Dealer emailed me back stating the were NOT participateing in the program. It apears they dont have to participate if they dont want too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just got back from the dealer.

I was looking for a base r/t manual, of course they didn't have one. they found a few with only a couple of options (sunroof, stripes, sound package etc). he had a piece of paper in front of him with all the options as well as msrp pricing, invoice and employee pricing. msrp was around 33k, employee pricing was 30.520 or something.

and let me tell you, did they want to have my signature badly! after talking to the sales rep for a while he called his manager. he asked me what would he have to do in order to get my signature right here. i told him 25k. he laughed and said let's be serious here's on offer just for this minute: what about 29k? i said no. 28k? no. then he said ok thank you and left. i was about to leave when the sales rep got back and asked me what happened. well i explained him the situation and he said he's gonna see what he can do, if i might wanna stop by again tomorrow. told him to call me and let me know.

btw, i got pix of his paper with the info about the program. don't know if it's useful or not. it says 48mo 2.9% (the guy told me he'd give me 0% tho). sorry for the bad quality, i only have a crappy phone ;)

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have emailed two Dealers inquiring about Challengers on there web site and asked if they were participating in the Employee Pricing Program. I had one of them , a 5 STAR Dealer emailed me back stating the were NOT participateing in the program. It apears they dont have to participate if they dont want too.
I wonder why we cant just buy them straight from Chrysler.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
...it was pretty much "Nope no incentives on the Challenger"
...then I got him to find the $1000 off through Chrysler financial
...THEN I hit him with the EPP #38H9A and he kind of stammered..."
That is classic! :rofl:

It's great that these dealers are (slowly) pulling their heads out of their azz to deal.

It's simple guys...present these incentive program numbers to them...and tell them you got the info directly from Chrysler Financial today. If they don't want to honor them, just say thanks and WALK OUT!!! My guess is if you do this, you will probably get a call back in a few days after they "reconsider."

·
Registered
779 Posts
Question....Does that have the caveat "Must take delivery from dealer stock"? Or does it apply to vehicles ordered that are delivered within the time frame?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Its really sad to think some dealerships really think this way and i wrote this guy back and told him he would not sell his SRT8 Challengers for sticker and above in this year or next year.

Look what he sent back to me.. WHAT A JOKE! HAHAHAHAHA

Dodge : Challenger
Offer price:$39,000.00Advertised Price:$45,425.00Offer expires:Jan-28-09 16:45:56 PSTSeller Terms:These cars are going for over sticker and sticker is the least that we can take. Please let us know if we can help you. Thanks, James and Leah Hamilton 903-583-8877Seller:4wheelsautogroup [contact seller] Go to My eBay

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
...it says 48mo 2.9% (the guy told me he'd give me 0% tho).
I saw the same numbers on the Dodge website this afternoon and I asked the person at Chrysler Financial about it.

They told me the 2.9% for 48 months was a previous deal...but it is still valid. Then they said, if you do the Employee Plus Plus deal, you get 0% for 48 months. So you'd have to be crazy to take the old deal, even though it's still valid.

My guess is that less than honest dealers will try to figure out how to get you into a contract where they keep some of the incentive deals in their pocket... and screw you in order to do it. So fight for every incentive you can get.

I still want to know if anyone has asked about the $500 Car Show Cash mentioned on Dodge's website? Guess I need to call the 1-800 number again and ask! :)

does it apply to vehicles ordered that are delivered within the time frame?
Call the 1-800 number from the first post in this thread and ask them. My guess is that if your car is delivered to the dealer before the incentives run out, you will be entitled to whatever deal is in effect at that time.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Can we put a sticky tag on this thread? Atr least until the incentives end.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Question....Does that have the caveat "Must take delivery from dealer stock"? Or does it apply to vehicles ordered that are delivered within the time frame?
From what it sounds:
It is going to vary wildly from dealership to stealership, at least for a short while.

For what it's worth:
My dealership offered this info on EPP on a order I had since May. Not only am I getting the special price (about $4K off sticker) but also the 48mnth 0% financing. (Both are worth about $8k) Car (SRT) is arriving in next couple of days and had they said nothing, I may not even known about the EPP as it was not till they said it may be available on my car did I come here researching the latest. Now to see if I can get the extra $500 loyalty rebate as we own a 06 Jeep Commander. (With the 5.7 Hemi of course!)

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Everybody whos waited so long for their car and has it show up during this sale should be qualified for the current discount. Congratulations to you all.
Thats right...

You most likely will not get your Chally exactly the way you want it.... but you will save some bucks.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Everybody whos waited so long for their car and has it show up during this sale should be qualified for the current discount. Congratulations to you all.
My car should be in within the next couple days. All the discount make the wait seem worth it.

21 - 40 of 307 Posts