Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Shaker 6 spd manual 18 spkrs Harmon Kardon
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it is a funny story as I always surprise myself especially at 74 having lived this long!

Of course I have had many cars and motorcycles. From racing Rallies at 18 in Europe with an "Austin Cooper SS 1500cc" to just a few days ago again driving a Mini JCW souped up to 304hp, a Jeep and so many in between which could fill up a huge garage. A car for me has never been a "mode of transportation" going from point A to point B. It is a hobby, a pleasure, a huge smile always especially cutting through curvy mountain roads as I live near by many starting only a mile from my house.
So Sunday, [a week ago] while driving by the local Dodge Dealer in my JCW Mini I noticed a similar one sitting up front. I also noticed right away that the gas tank filler was on the passenger side telling me it was a JCW. I called Monday to get some information, not that I was going to buy a second Mini. Curiosity got the best of me and I decided to go look at it which I did. Nice one, 2015 versus my 2018. No mods however. I glanced at a 2016 Charger SRT owned by the GM of the Dealership and for sale with 22,000 miles on it. Ah! A Muscle car! I test drove it but felt claustrophobic even though liking the car very much and in mint condition. I go back inside the showroom and while chatting with the great present crew I hear a car starting which was parked outside but against the showroom window. I turn around expressing "what the hell is that?". 2019 Challenger R/T Scat Pack/ Shaker Package. I want to see that car... The Young Salesperson [25 years old!] takes me to it, opens the door... it is a 6 speed manual! It has the 18 speakers Harmon Kardon as he also shows me the huge two sub-woofers in the trunk. We test drive it... I like it a lot. It is three times as big as my Mini and twice the size of my Jeep.
I have to insert here that due to much hardware in my lower spine, two new hips, I have been having a real hard time getting in and out of the Mini which in itself had a "rock hard" for track suspension. Off roading has been pretty much the same result. Life's changes as I had also given up motorcycling and for that matter, also camping...
Granite sparkling metallic grey, black calipers, very low key appearance which I like much.
I trade my two cars the same day... and after also buying the extended 7 years, 100,000 miles bumper to bumper to bumper warranty I drive home... That is the story!
700 miles right now, breaking it in properly awaiting for the first oil change in a couple of days at 1000 miles.
Next Friday it will be clear vinyl wrapped with "Solar Guard Pro Shield Hydro+".
Love and love the car... The "active exhaust", the short throws of the manual transmission, the sound of music, the handling... A "Docile Monster" as I call it...
So "Thank You" for having me here and this was the story of not my "Mid Life Crisis" but "End of Life Crisis"... not that I am going anywhere soon... I hope!
Stay well...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for sharing your well-written story and outlook, I really enjoyed reading it and this made my morning. Although I have a few years yet to reach your station in life, I hope one day to have a similar tale.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for sharing your well-written story and outlook, I really enjoyed reading it and this made my morning. Although I have a few years yet to reach your station in life, I hope one day to have a similar tale.
Thank You! "Oh" I go drive now... This car is just flirting too much with me!!! She's got the whole package... The sound of her active exhaust, the smoothness of her ride waiting to unleash her powerful thrust, those short throws with the stick shift and the sound of her music wanting me to just sit on her lap and listen... ah!ah!ah!

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
833 Posts
Gotta throw some pictures in this thread ASAP!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,727 Posts
Welcome from California ;) So, you plan on having it 26 years or more?

A Guy

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome from California ;) So, you plan on having it 26 years or more?

A Guy
Well, you know... one day at the time!!! Golden Gate Bridge!... I lived on Dolores Avenue a while, Mill Valley... ended up in Forestville near Santa Rosa where I had a Wholesale Bakery, small restaurant and into Catering! Silly me... I have not been back in ages. Must have changed a lot and I hear very expensive unlike here in Central New Mexico! My house yearly Taxes are $185 a year!!! Crazy... right?
Thank You and stay well...

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,428 Posts
Yes, pics please, including the old stuff you had. I do wonder how you found the Charger claustrophobic compared to a Challenger though.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hmmmm, must be something about Shakers ?
I have a couple Jeeps ( TJ & JK) and a Mini Countryman. Interesting that I like camping also, buts its easier these days, than it was with a tent and the TJ.
Wonder about the demographics of Scat pack Challengers w/ a Shaker, owners ?
Things that make you go hmmmmmmm,,,,,

welcome to the forum,
best regards
parrott

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmmmm, must be something about Shakers ?
I have a couple Jeeps ( TJ & JK) and a Mini Countryman. Interesting that I like camping also, buts its easier these days, than it was with a tent and the TJ.
Wonder about the demographics of Scat pack Challengers w/ a Shaker, owners ?
Things that make you go hmmmmmmm,,,,,

welcome to the forum,
best regards
parrott
Yes! Makes you go "Hmmmmm..." "It is never too late to have a Happy Childhood" !!! and... "If not Now... When?"... Those are aspect of Life at 74 I have to remind myself daily! They only have as I wrote below made 1,701 Scat Pack Shakers in 2019. [I think!]

My hindrance is physical... Much hardware in my lower spine. Hell to get in and out of the Mini [304hp!] and off road kills me! It is what it is you know...

Also Pioner4x4 [I don't know how to multi-quote]

The Charger felt very enclosed and I could not see very well through the rear windshield. There is something nice to have a brand new car, clear wrapped with 7 years and 100,000 miles bumper to bumper warranty even though the minute you drive it off the lost it will de-valuate.

They have only made 1,701 Challengers R/T Scat Pack with the Shaker package. Out of those I don't know how many manual [which is always my preference] and with the Harmon Kardon 18 speakers versus the Alpine system which by the way was in the Charger.

A few photos for you below....

Stay well...

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,038 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,428 Posts
Thanks to @PLMCRZY for this! Here is 2018 info, others is out there. If you ask, for a donation, he will give you the exacts on your exact car.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Congrats on the SHAKER, and welcome to the show!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts