Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, time to sell the SXT. It's been a fun ride, but time to move on.

The Mrs has been making "I want an SUV" noises for a while, usually just after getting into or out of the Challenger. And with used-car prices at current nutso levels, we're not taking much of a depreciation hit.

Just over a year ago, KBB said $14K on trade-in was absolute top dollar. Yesterday, I was offered $20K (eventually) on a trade for a CX-5. Happy wife, happy life. (If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy)

I'll miss it, but it'll be nice to be invisible, and I can give my OCD a rest when it comes to detailing. A good wash will be sufficient.

If anyone wants a set of 18" Blizzaks on steelies, hit me up.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,496 Posts

The Mrs has been making "I want an SUV" noises for a while, usually just after getting into or out of the Challenger. And with used-car prices at current nutso levels, we're not taking much of a depreciation hit.

Just over a year ago, KBB said $14K on trade-in was absolute top dollar. Yesterday, I was offered $20K (eventually) on a trade for a CX-5. Happy wife, happy life. (If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy)

I'll miss it, but it'll be nice to be invisible, and I can give my OCD a rest when it comes to detailing. A good wash will be sufficient.

Keep the Challenger or upgrade it. If the wife doesn't work, tell her to get a job and buy whatever she wants. :D All kidding a side (I have to say that as I see somethings I think sarcastically in my head do not translate that way) you are right and have to do what is best for your family. Good luck but, personally I'd buy a Jeep or Durango and stay Mopar. Heck, I was even looking at upgrading my 2017 Jeep Cherokee to a 2021 Ram Promaster City Wagon, at 30k ish pretty cheap for a work beater.

·
Premium Member
10,365 Posts
Do you only have one car? Those Mazda’s are great SUV’s.

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
4,905 Posts
Sorry to hear you're letting it go but if you had to this is the time to do it and get all you can for it. Like you said, wife's happy everybody's happy. Gettin that much in trade has got to make you happy too. At least lessen the hurt of having to let it go. ;)

·
Registered
450 Posts
There’s no way I’d have the cars I have during the time I was married. The ex and I are great friends and she was very encouraging when I mentioned my plan to order a Challenger. The CX-5 is a great suv. Try to swing one of the turbo trims. I’m sure another Challenger is in your future.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,705 Posts
Just curious, where?
And good luck with the Mazda. Of all the Asian cars, I always thought Mazda was the one that actually had style. Nissan=ugly to me
Honda=boring to me, they make their mark by not offending anyone
Toyota=used to be more boring than Honda, now too funky like for kids or something
Subaru=well, they look like, a Subaru no styling done or needed

·
Registered
75 Posts

what's a cx5? buy american jeep cherokee made in belvedere ill...i have a 2020 GREAT car..cherokee is a little smaller than grand cherokee..

·
Premium Member
2021 SPWB Shaker A8
585 Posts
what's a cx5? buy american jeep cherokee made in belvedere ill...i have a 2020 GREAT car..cherokee is a little smaller than grand cherokee..
I had a 2019 Cherokee Trailmaster and I was underwhelmed, especially by the brakes, so I got into a lower level trim 2021 Grand Cherokee and I'm much happier. Huge difference in quality/room/power/brakes for a $5k higher sticker price.

·
Premium Member
10,365 Posts
Just curious, where?
And good luck with the Mazda. Of all the Asian cars, I always thought Mazda was the one that actually had style. Nissan=ugly to me
Honda=boring to me, they make their mark by not offending anyone
Toyota=used to be more boring than Honda, now too funky like for kids or something
Subaru=well, they look like, a Subaru no styling done or needed
We are enthusiasts, the average driver sees a vehicle as an appliance. They buy and drive many things we find unappealing and are perfectly happy. Look at the Chevrolet Avalanche and the Honda Element, they looked like Rubbermaid designed them BUT they were still everywhere anyway.

Reactions: Al A

·
Super Moderator
17,237 Posts
The CX-5s are nice a friend got one to replace an older Ford Fusion hybrid

however in their family they have a Challenger (SXT) and a MX-5 (Miata)

you'll miss the feel of the Challenger - a cross over is a whole different (and bulky) vehicle

It reminds me in the 80s when mini-vans were the "new thing" and everyone had to have one. And station wagons were deemed to be out of fashion

now mini vans are out of fashion and the flavor of the month are cross overs - things come and things go

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
personally I'd buy a Jeep or Durango and stay Mopar.
Thought about it, but... what's Mopar these days? I can't say I'm real confident in an SUV with Fiat underpinnings.

Do you only have one car? Those Mazda’s are great SUV’s.
I've also got this, but it's my toy:

She's not a fan, says it's too boaty. I said that's the beauty of it, have you seen the roads around here?

Just curious, where?
And good luck with the Mazda. Of all the Asian cars, I always thought Mazda was the one that actually had style.
Cleveland, OH

I'm too much of an old grump to get excited about the style, but it's not bad. I won't have to keep a puke bucket handy like I would for the others you mentioned.

you'll miss the feel of the Challenger
I know it, but needs must when the devil drives.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,701 Posts
Lol, I put 307,000 miles on a Honda Element as my work vehicle. I wouldn't have bought one myself, but served me well, easy to park, did what I needed

A Guy

·
Registered
301 Posts
The CX-5 is pretty good. Have you cross shopped it with the South Korean offerings? They're also pretty nice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts