Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car creaks in the back like a MoFo - can't take it anymore. Looking at Energy Suspension bushings - are they good for factory replacements? Looking at control arm bushings and sway bar bushings. Skipping the rear diff bushings... for now anyway.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have had good luck with them in the past on other vehicles. That being said they squealed a lot more than rubber bushings. Mine came with a grease/lube to put on them and for the first 6 months they were quiet. After that with the windows down it sounded like an old bed whenever I went over a speed bump. Ride was solid and tight, but they made noise.

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
If you don't mind the sequel then go for it. That's the brand Razors Edge uses in their suspension components. Otherwise stick with rubber bushing.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah - so that's what I am trying to resolve - squeaking. So the Energy Suspension bushings will eventually start squeaking so it's a waste of time IMO. So what is the best bushing to go with - that won't squeak?

·
Registered
41 Posts
The energy suspension bushing are great, but yes they will squeak after a short time. Just replacing the current ones with OEM would probably be your best bet if you just want to minimize squeaking.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
The reason oem bushing do not squeek is because the do not rotate at the pivot point the just twist. The inner sleave is bonded to the rubber isolator. a properly lubricated poly bushing will not sqeek and allows for complete articulation of the suspension components.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My OEM bushings are the ones that are squeaking at the moment that is why I was looking at changing. I guess 1 way to look at it is it took 7 years before they started squeaking...
Does anyone have recommendations as to where to get OEM bushings or do they have to come from the dealer

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,064 Posts
Back in the day my Trans Am had poly bushings and the hardware had zerk fittings. Never had to lube them, they never squeaked, lol. A Guy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts