Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure which topic this belongs in - Exterior or Interior......

After installing a MOPAR CAI, and looking at BT dress up items, I'd like to add chrome wire looms and braided stainless steel hoses with anodized fittings. So far, I haven't located any "kits" for the SRT8 Challenger that would include all of the braided stainless steel hoses / fittings and looms for the engine bay.

Would anyone know if there's a vendor that offers a "kit" with a choice of fitting / chrome loom colors for the Challenger, or do I have to look around and buy individual hoses in the appropriate sizes for my car?

Not having much luck so far....
:disappointed:

Reactions: ljb2148

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Check with the folks at BMC (supported vendor) they have nice braided hoses and can put together the package you want.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Bud.
I'll do that.
:bigthumb:

·
Banned
105 Posts
The bay looks good,..i just got it in my head recently to be a dumb sticker hater. The ones on my interior visors, blacked out, engine bay, shwoop- gone, still looking for any other non essential..yes even that vin sticker on the underside of my hood, kinda funny, like I need stickers for hand in fan, airbags squishing kids in a carrier, my kids are grown, I know legality..get sued culture, don't drink antifreeze..

·
Registered
492 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
25,512 Posts

A Guy

·
Banned
105 Posts
Like the overall solid black theme..gives it a unified visual weight. As the art guy that I am, some part of me wants to see just one accent of color, like a pinstripe neon green, perimeter of the engine cover, it's Hard.. I always ask myself with paintings, would this make it better or detract, before I change or ad on to a painting or sculpture..
My car is just factory, squared up a little, might fiddle with it after the shorty headers get put on. 5 weeks back ordered..f corona virus...

How is the 6, feel like you can jam on it, holds its own, I've turned into a little bit of a never enough guy, but I try to tell myself that I don't need a cam, turbo charged ..hell cat yadda...weird how the horsepower/torque mindset gets in your brain. The concept of instant fury under your foot.. A friend of mine is a dragster guy with his dad, awesome power...

·
Banned
105 Posts
Ok, got rid of last sticker, hardcore 3m traceable one, left it on, masked it off, used manufacturers high octane red, gone..LoL

·
Banned
105 Posts
Looks good, like blue, the 392 hemi looks snappy, been cleaning out my oil catch can every 2 to 3 weeks, surprised,, not a lot in it, about 2or3/10ths, enough to get it out to make sure it doesn't travel somehow. To think that would be going into the manifold, geesh....waiting on shorty headers, backordered, yadda since Aug 6th, bait me along, pushed back, bbk, JBA, said it was in stock, switched to JBA, then email, oos, Oct 7th now...grrr, already have borla s type, 3" high flo catted midpipe,
You should put a CAI on that, open it up a little..take care..

·
Registered
10,634 Posts
Looks good, like blue, the 392 hemi looks snappy, been cleaning out my oil catch can every 2 to 3 weeks, surprised,, not a lot in it, about 2or3/10ths, enough to get it out to make sure it doesn't travel somehow. To think that would be going into the manifold, geesh....waiting on shorty headers, backordered, yadda since Aug 6th, bait me along, pushed back, bbk, JBA, said it was in stock, switched to JBA, then email, oos, Oct 7th now...grrr, already have borla s type, 3" high flo catted midpipe,
You should put a CAI on that, open it up a little..take care..
Thanks. I just wanted simple.

I do have the HC bottom filter box and tube, with a HC OEM element. Keeps AIT a little cooler, better hot weather drivability.

I dump my CC oil every oil change. It'll be about 1/2 full at 6k miles.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not sure which topic this belongs in - Exterior or Interior......

After installing a MOPAR CAI, and looking at BT dress up items, I'd like to add chrome wire looms and braided stainless steel hoses with anodized fittings. So far, I haven't located any "kits" for the SRT8 Challenger that would include all of the braided stainless steel hoses / fittings and looms for the engine bay.

Would anyone know if there's a vendor that offers a "kit" with a choice of fitting / chrome loom colors for the Challenger, or do I have to look around and buy individual hoses in the appropriate sizes for my car?

Not having much luck so far....
😞
Hi ChallengerDad, Where did you get get the cover for your windshield washer reservoir? I like the look it gives.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Here is my engine bay, I went with paint on
E1453FBF-3E69-41EF-8411-D550C23E674E.jpeg
the coolant tank OEM color, some BT , and Mopar CAI, front stru bar

Reactions: vpzyck

·
Super Moderator
15,259 Posts
Here is my 6.1 2009 SRT. I used Billet Technology parts to dress up my engine bay. They are high quality but a little pricey. I bought most of them during their 50% off Black Friday specials.

Challenger 004.JPG

1 - 18 of 18 Posts