Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
C839BE82-B892-40C1-A56C-B37335FCDCD7.jpeg

My Feng Sui skills are so advanced, you may not notice what’s been Feng Sui’ed.

There are three items in total:
2F75CB84-5C8A-49B6-B125-C38810EA846D.jpeg

1) The washer fluid reservoir lid
AE3D82FF-AD4F-4732-9439-62F4A17F4A05.jpeg

2) The engine oil dipstick handle
0AF31D1C-7EF8-416C-94D2-56A224E361C3.jpeg

3) The (generic) catch can
B6C71615-3C47-482A-ACD2-D7A782299516.jpeg

After seeing what’s being done with 3D printers for engine bay accessories’ mounts, I think I’d like to look into something for the catch can’s mount along those lines.

At the moment, it’s just a plasti-dipped plastic hootus that came with the seat covers meant to help get their edges all maneuvered and secured down into the right places.

Reactions: Unicorn

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
But I don't speak Chinese!!!

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
3,129 Posts
Fing Sui the interior...

·
Premium Member
9,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fing Sui the interior...
Ive already put some CoverKing Neoprene seat covers on the seats and semi-permanently affixed the floor mats to the floors. And before you ask why anyone would do such a thing, consider this: the is no carpet, only a black rubber mat covering the whole floor pan. And if you’ve never tried to put plastic/vinyl floor mats onto a rubber surface and have them stay put, well, you ain’t lived yet!

Through in some Stoner Trim Shine to make the rubber floor mat look nice and black, and you’ve got a recipe for high-speed floor mats anytime you try to get in or out of the car!

·
Premium Member
9,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I came here for the bacon, but...
View attachment 1021998
It‘s all relative…sure, compared to y’all’s fancy new cars’ engine bays, mine’s a dumpster fire, but it’s less about where I am in comparison to y’all and more about where it is in comparison to where it started from:

When viewed from within that context, I feel like it’s much easier on the eyes now…

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Ive already put some CoverKing Neoprene seat covers on the seats and semi-permanently affixed the floor mats to the floors. And before you ask why anyone would do such a thing, consider this: the is no carpet, only a black rubber mat covering the whole floor pan. And if you’ve never tried to put plastic/vinyl floor mats onto a rubber surface and have them stay put, well, you ain’t lived yet!

Through in some Stoner Trim Shine to make the rubber floor mat look nice and black, and you’ve got a recipe for high-speed floor mats anytime you try to get in or out of the car!
I have. I have clear rubber floor mats in my Ram which has black rubber covered floors.

·
Premium Member
9,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have. I have clear rubber floor mats in my Ram which has black rubber covered floors.
And they are allowed to just slide around at will or do you have some sort of arresting system in place to prevent sprained ankles and twisted knees??

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
And they are allowed to just slide around at will or do you have some sort of arresting system in place to prevent sprained ankles and twisted knees??
Why yes I do have a retraining system in place. It's called friction.

·
Premium Member
9,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why yes I do have a retraining system in place. It's called friction.
Well friction dont do snit in The Bacon Hauler. Maybe it’s the grease, or more likely it’s a different contact surface between the two, but whatever it is, trying to exit this car with free floating floor mats will end in an injury 4 out of 5 times.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Well friction dont do snit in The Bacon Hauler. Maybe it’s the grease, or more likely it’s a different contact surface between the two, but whatever it is, trying to exit this car with free floating floor mats will end in an injury 4 out of 5 times.
You really need to quit spilling your beer...

·
Premium Member
9,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You really need to quit spilling your beer...
Beer? In The Bacon Hauler?? No, no, no, NO, SIR!!

In days past, especially in non-former-cop-cars that had regular plates, I might have been known to have an open container of alcohol or two with me. That‘s something I’ll readily cop to, pun intended…

But not anymore. Not in this car…with its antagonizing plates and all. No, sir!

I won’t insult your intelligence by claiming I’ve never had an open beer in the car while driving it, but I will state under oath that it’s only occurred once! And not-uncoincidently, the Frisco PD just happened to be manufacturing excuses to pull over folks they knew in their guts were up to no good that night, of which I was one.

Yeah, I was a one-man crime wave that night, what with my single open beer and my, uh…my…well, that’s pretty much the only law I was running afoul of…but my hinkyness must’ve been visible for miles, because those 4 cops (yes, FOUR) had me pulled over, pulled out, sitting on my bumper, and doing the pen-eye FST before I even made it all the way into their town.

Smart fellers, actually, staking out Whataburger like that on a Saturday evening at 8 pm. I mean, when you’re patrolling the mean streets of Frisco looking for criminals to bust, it’s gonna be slim pickings anyway just because the general population is so affluent, but crime isn’t at 0% just yet.

There are still interlopers of course, such as myself, who will try to cross the line and stain that fine town’s image with their criminality. Of course, breaking laws is hard work and builds hefty appetites…so it’s only natural to watch the eateries and wait for us ne’er-do-wells suspend our sprees in lieu of food.

In hindsight, I suppose our paths were destined to cross that night - Me, in The Bacon Hauler, flouting every rule and regulation they could conjure up, and them, ever vigilant be on the ready to bring justice and peace to the fair citizens of their town. And so we met, there on the field of battle, in a parking lot just inside Frisco city limits and within spitting distance of the Whataburger.

My hooliganism was on full display, what with my camo shorts, unlaced combat boots, and NIN t-shirt. And their bravery and courage was equally as unmistakable and on display, what with the 4 FPD Tahoes all ablaze and awash in red & blue flashing LEDs.

Every passer-by within 5 miles knew the deal - I was BUSTED! And Frisco PD were the busters!

I honestly didn’t even get annoyed until somewhere during the 3rd administration of that danged pen-eye test. I was fine doing any and everything Officer HatesNuke asked of me the first 20 minutes of the stop. But it became apparent he was stalling for time when I exhibited ZERO impairment but kept having to redo it anyway. He didn’t need more time for backup or anything, no they were already there…

He needed more time for his partner, Officer EveryonesACrook, to find something other than a half-drank Modelo in my car. To EveryonesACrook’s credit, his lack of results was not due to a lack of effort! Oh he search, and looked, and searched, and smelled, and listened…but it was all for naught, unfortunately.

The open container was it - the sum-total of my lawlessness that night.

Lesser cops might have yielded to the situation, cut me loose with a stern warning, and gone on in search of bigger criminals, but not Officers HatesNuke and EveryonesACrook. They made sure to interrogate me as to the reason I acquired The Bacon Hauler, the reason I had not painted it yet, and the meaning/intent of my license plates before letting me go.

Oh, wait, that’s not correct. They didn’t let me go right away. They handed me the can of beer and told me to pour what remained out onto the ground, then they sent me on my way…with a written warning for the initial infraction - failure to stop. (Don’t worry, I did stop, but my front tires stopped on top of the white line at a traffic light, so…FAILURE TO STOP!)

Anyway, that is the reason it is misguided to think that I have been spilling beers in The Bacon Hauler and making the floor slippery, because I haven’t had an open beer in the car since that fateful night early last year.

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
It‘s all relative…sure, compared to y’all’s fancy new cars’ engine bays, mine’s a dumpster fire, but it’s less about where I am in comparison to y’all and more about where it is in comparison to where it started from:

View attachment 1022010

When viewed from within that context, I feel like it’s much easier on the eyes now…
Looks fine to me. Nice coil packs.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts

In days past, especially in non-former-cop-cars that had regular plates, I might have been known to have an open container of alcohol or two with me. That‘s something I’ll readily cop to, pun intended…

I won’t insult your intelligence by claiming I’ve never had an open beer in the car while driving it, but I will state under oath that it’s only occurred once! And not-uncoincidently, the Frisco PD just happened to be manufacturing excuses to pull over folks they knew in their guts were up to no good that night, of which I was one.

Yeah, I was a one-man crime wave that night, what with my single open beer and my, uh…my…well, that’s pretty much the only law I was running afoul of…but my hinkyness must’ve been visible for miles, because those 4 cops (yes, FOUR) had me pulled over, pulled out, sitting on my bumper, and doing the pen-eye FST before I even made it all the way into their town.

Smart fellers, actually, staking out Whataburger like that on a Saturday evening at 8 pm. I mean, when you’re patrolling the mean streets of Frisco looking for criminals to bust, it’s gonna be slim pickings anyway just because the general population is so affluent, but crime isn’t at 0% just yet.

There are still interlopers of course, such as myself, who will try to cross the line and stain that fine town’s image with their criminality. Of course, breaking laws is hard work and builds hefty appetites…so it’s only natural to watch the eateries and wait for us ne’er-do-wells suspend our sprees in lieu of food.

In hindsight, I suppose our paths were destined to cross that night - Me, in The Bacon Hauler, flouting every rule and regulation they could conjure up, and them, ever vigilant be on the ready to bring justice and peace to the fair citizens of their town. And so we met, there on the field of battle, in a parking lot just inside Frisco city limits and within spitting distance of the Whataburger.

My hooliganism was on full display, what with my camo shorts, unlaced combat boots, and NIN t-shirt. And their bravery and courage was equally as unmistakable and on display, what with the 4 FPD Tahoes all ablaze and awash in red & blue flashing LEDs.

Every passer-by within 5 miles knew the deal - I was BUSTED! And Frisco PD were the busters!

I honestly didn’t even get annoyed until somewhere during the 3rd administration of that danged pen-eye test. I was fine doing any and everything Officer HatesNuke asked of me the first 20 minutes of the stop. But it became apparent he was stalling for time when I exhibited ZERO impairment but kept having to redo it anyway. He didn’t need more time for backup or anything, no they were already there…

He needed more time for his partner, Officer EveryonesACrook, to find something other than a half-drank Modelo in my car. To EveryonesACrook’s credit, his lack of results was not due to a lack of effort! Oh he search, and looked, and searched, and smelled, and listened…but it was all for naught, unfortunately.

Lesser cops might have yielded to the situation, cut me loose with a stern warning, and gone on in search of bigger criminals, but not Officers HatesNuke and EveryonesACrook. They made sure to interrogate me as to the reason I acquired The Bacon Hauler, the reason I had not painted it yet, and the meaning/intent of my license plates before letting me go.

Oh, wait, that’s not correct. They didn’t let me go right away. They handed me the can of beer and told me to pour what remained out onto the ground, then they sent me on my way…with a written warning for the initial infraction - failure to stop. (Don’t worry, I did stop, but my front tires stopped on top of the white line at a traffic light, so…FAILURE TO STOP!)

Anyway, that is the reason it is misguided to think that I have been spilling beers in The Bacon Hauler and making the floor slippery, because I haven’t had an open beer in the car since that fateful night early last year.
Thou doest protest too much...

Reactions: GSBrockman

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts

Holy crap. An entire episode of reality TV in one post! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
9,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Holy crap. An entire episode of reality TV in one post! :rolleyes:
Here’s some reality: Fords suck!

But just to show I’m not 100% against anything Ford, I’ve decided to turn my debacle of working on a Ford into a learning experience for others to benefit from.

Got a broken down Ford? Need it fixed? Wel then go buy the part to fix it and watch this vid clip on the best way to install that brand new Ford part:

It don’t matter what’s broken or what part you buy, that vid clip will illustrate the best use of a brand new Ford replacement part!

Best $50 I ever spent working on a Ford, come to think of it…

Reactions: Gila Hemi

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
2,133 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If I had made a list of all the members on here who I thought would side with the Ford, you, sir would NOT have been on it…Etu, GSBrockman?!?

That’s fine, people are either for me or again me, and you have chosen to be again me….and for the Ford.

You’re gonna want to make sure your fancy funeral suit still fits, because I’m to the point of going scorched earth on this Turd Taurus.

I already have a Ford Graveyard out in the pasture here, population: 1 - a Pinto. That Pinto needs some company I think…hehehehehHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!

I don’t have the diesel here to drag this shit-stinking Taurus out into the scrub, but I do have almost 400 ft/lbs of Bacon Hauling torque at my disposal already…

Ive hauled fence away with already, I reckon it’d be fun to haul a Ford to its graveyard too!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts