Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning was hoping someone could help ID the wire/line object coming out of the rubber grommet in the image. Other image just shows the path of the line as it comes out of the firewall and drops down and disappears under the car.

Reason I ask is I may have inadvertently damaged the line trying to poke through the grommet to run a wire into the cabin.?? upon inspection after the attempt the grommet appeared to be a bit more sophisticated than you normal grommet.

The location in image is driver's side of firewall (engine Bay side) near the brake master cylinder.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
What car is it in? Looks like some sort of vacuum line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
Is it an automatic? Looks like a shift cable to me.
the automatics have electronic shifter - no cable linkage. I second the vacuum line opinion

·
Registered
11 Posts
the automatics have electronic shifter - no cable linkage. I second the vacuum line opinion
Looked up automatic transmission replacement for 2015 model year 8sp trans and it does have a manual park release cable, I believe that is what is pictured. It could be a vacuum line but looks more like a cable sheath to me. Plus I don't think anything inside the passenger compartment on the Challengers requires a vacuum source.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for all the input. I am leaning toward the cable sheath theory. I am happy to report no issues so far with MIL. I assume if it was a vacuum line and I damaged it I would know fairly quickly I hope.

Oh and yes it is an A8 trans

1 - 7 of 7 Posts