Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got this idea on this forum when someone asked if gauges in the engine bay sounded like a good idea for the car show seen so, after milling this idea in my head this is what I came up with for my Challenger.
First pic is how I started: cardboard, aluminum, welding, powder coat and final installation:

Now I just have to hook up the gauges......................

Just thought I would share this!

David

·
Registered
624 Posts
Wow.....nice job!!!

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,051 Posts
Verrry nice......Did you build your cooling tank cover too? Looks great. Post up more pics of your entire engine bay....... :5:

·
Premium Member
17,155 Posts
Verrry nice......Did you build your cooling tank cover too? Looks great. Post up more pics of your entire engine bay....... :5:

The coolant tank is a Moroso product. You can see the Moroso logo on the top part of the the tank.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tank by Morroso! Not just a cover

Bought the tank through Summit, it is a Morroso unit, real nice unit but expensive! I was leaning towards keeping the stock CAI but bought the Speedlogix unit so that I could have room for my gauge set-up and intergraded the shape of the CAI with the Morroso expansion tank.

David

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

When I install the painted intake along with a couple of other things then I'll show the complete engine bay to everyone, I purposely avoided the complete engine because I need to finish up a few things, I'm trying to get it all done for the 19th Annual MoPar Fest Car Show.
I'm really looking forward to entering my car there!

David:browsmiley:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Digital gauges? Might look cool? Or maybe some flatter gauges like the glass on a watch.

The ones you have look like made in China or something.....

Cool idea you created.....

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Auto Meter!

Don't know about Auto Meters being made in China, I suppose that what one uses is all up to the buyer.

Different strokes for different folks.......................

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Maybe it's you did such a nice job on the cover it makes them look cheap.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Looks great!!!! who does the anodizing?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Don't know about Auto Meters being made in China, I suppose that what one uses is all up to the buyer.

Different strokes for different folks.......................
auto meter are some of the best instrumentation you can buy!...nothing more accurate...the digital gauges are the ones made in china!...lol...if you want correct readings you go auto meter!...nice job btw!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Unit is powder coated!

Thanks guys, I powder coated the aluminum, I started by coating it in a Silver base coat and then shot it with a Translucent Red just like the rest of the aluminum items in my engine bay, I'll have to install the painted intake and then I'll post the complete engine bay for you guys, I just feel a little apprehensive about removing the original "Plastic Intake" I'm old school and can't seem to get past the fact that the intake is plastic VS Aluminum........I've changed out many aluminum intakes in my hot rod life but "Plastic" :scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
auto meter are some of the best instrumentation you can buy!...nothing more accurate...the digital gauges are the ones made in china!...lol...if you want correct readings you go auto meter!...nice job btw!
Didn't know they were the best ones in the business, look like the same one I use on my barbeque.

I think would look better inset as they really clash because they stick up so high. Do they light up?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dude, you crack me up!

Come man, same as your Barbe........ really...........
So just for your information I do have the adapters to make them tilt towards the front of the engine bay, they do not have to be done the way that is the way "I" did them, they can be flush but "I" decided to tilt them towards the front now, leave me alone:fight:
They do light up in either green or red, I decided to do mine in red (I'm sure that this too will upset you)

David

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,051 Posts
LOL.....some people are just a PITA David...... BTW you should have them light up in green so that they match MY car......... :bigthumb: ....... :5:

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sure.......by the way.......

LOL.....some people are just a PITA David...... BTW you should have them light up in green so that they match MY car......... :bigthumb: ....... :5:

Which by the way and just for your info, I have a "bad-a$$ translucent green" that I have done and if you ever need something powder coated in this "Granny apple candy green" let me know and I'll take care of you! :thumbsup:

David

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,051 Posts
Which by the way and just for your info, I have a "bad-a$$ translucent green" that I have done and if you ever need something powder coated in this "Granny apple candy green" let me know and I'll take care of you! :thumbsup:

David
Hmmmm......ok now you got the wheels turning...... :guiness:..... Thx buddy....... :5:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts