Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I own a '16 Challenger Scat Pack w/ the Shaker, and I'm looking at the following parts to dress my engine:

Challenger Radiator Cover-Dodge Challenger Carbon Fiber Radiator Cover
Challenger Strut Cover-Dodge Challenger Carbon Fiber Strut Cover
Challenger Fuse Box Cover-Challenger Carbon Fiber Fuse Box

First, wondering if anyone has dealt with any of these items, and if so, how do you like their fitment and are they covers or do they completely replace the factory plastic ones?

Second, I was wondering if anyone knows of anyone that makes a real carbon fiber ABS and Coolant reservoir cover? I've seen the ones with the chrome edging, but would really rather not have chrome in the engine bay when there won't be any other chrome to speak of.

Thank You

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,976 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk Rob696. I believe they are all covers that fit over the originals.

A Guy

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Unless they offer 2 different designs, that fuse box cover wont fit your '16. The 15+ cover and the 08-14 cover are not the same.

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
I own a '16 Challenger Scat Pack w/ the Shaker, and I'm looking at the following parts to dress my engine:

First, wondering if anyone has dealt with any of these items, and if so, how do you like their fitment and are they covers or do they completely replace the factory plastic ones?

Second, I was wondering if anyone knows of anyone that makes a real carbon fiber ABS and Coolant reservoir cover? I've seen the ones with the chrome edging, but would really rather not have chrome in the engine bay when there won't be any other chrome to speak of.

Thank You

Here is what a friend did Hydrocarbon dip parts

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,867 Posts
I have a Billet fuse box cover and "bee hive" strut covers on my 2009 SRT. The fuse box cover just mounts over the existing fuse box with 3 M tape. The strut covers replace the existing OEM black plastic covers which pry off easily. Here is a photo of these parts in my engine bay.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts

Thank You
This may not be an answer you're looking for, just someone's two cents; if you really must have an expensive carbon fiber ABS cover then by all means go for it, but the one from a Hellcat will cover those ABS tubs works just fine, (put one on my '16 SRT392); coolant cover can be painted same color as under hood, same goes for the strut covers...that way you'll have more money for things like cool can, tower braces, cai, air filter...things that function/make the motor run better, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This may not be an answer you're looking for, just someone's two cents; if you really must have an expensive carbon fiber ABS cover then by all means go for it, but the one from a Hellcat will cover those ABS tubs works just fine, (put one on my '16 SRT392); coolant cover can be painted same color as under hood, same goes for the strut covers...that way you'll have more money for things like cool can, tower braces, cai, air filter...things that function/make the motor run better, etc.
I plan on getting a tower brace from Speedlogix, but as for cai and air filter. I've been looking at - https://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=63-1565 - would just have to pick it up out of state since I live in CA. Odds are I'd order it and pick it up at Summit in Reno, NV or something like that.

I just recently started looking at different cai's and tower braces, if anyone has any recommendations; I'm open to opinions and see what others have done.

Thanks all

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,976 Posts

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Sorry I may have this wrong, you are looking for a CAI for a Scat Pack Shaker? if so what is the point of the shaker if it doesn't supply cold air?
From what I am led to believe the factory cold air set-ups are hard to beat, so why would anyone want to hinder performance.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,976 Posts
Lol, I didn't even catch shaker, I just saw Scat Pack

A Guy

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I have yet to see a dyno showing a replacement air intake having a higher horsepower rating than stock. The $$ per hp increase doesn't seem worth it to me (from what I have read). Who knows though.. I could be wrong

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts