Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is the best way to treat the areas where the factory only sprayed base and no clear, under the hood, engine bat and trunk?

What is everyone use to protect and detail the paint in those areas?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Detail spray

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
I simply keep mine clean. I wipe down everything under the hood every time I wash the car.
I use a battery powered leaf blower to blow any water that got in there and I use "303" on almost everything under the hood to make it look good and protect it.
I've never been concerned about the parts that aren't clear coated.
A quick we search for "dodge challenger engine bay dress up" finds a lot of kits to cover the parts you're talking about.
I'm not including links because I don't know if any of our sponsors carry the items.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I was wondering if people use any specific sealant or wax on the paint itself to protect it?

I have detailed the car but never did anything to the paint areas, note car is not daily driver, in my garage and has 1200 miles on it.

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
I guess I was wondering if people use any specific sealant or wax on the paint itself to protect it?

I have detailed the car but never did anything to the paint areas, note car is not daily driver, in my garage and has 1200 miles on it.

I prefer "303" Detail Spray on the painted area, and "303" protectant for anything black plastic or rubber.

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Distilled water in a bug sprayer to rinse away dust and then blow dry with a leaf blower

Reactions: VNT and 19johned53

·
Registered
2013 Core
821 Posts
There is clear in those areas, just a light dusting. Evidently FCA feels it enough to seal and protect the paint in those rarely exposed areas.

Just wash and dry as normal.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
underhood is clear coated on shaker models. i spray fluid film around trunk hinges area where water gets into crevices and such and wipe off excess, then spray some on the rag and wipe area around trunk seal. Did the same to area around hood hinges and door hinges and behind door jam/latch post.

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
underhood is clear coated on shaker models. i spray fluid film around trunk hinges area where water gets into crevices and such and wipe off excess, then spray some on the rag and wipe area around trunk seal. Did the same to area around hood hinges and door hinges and behind door jam/latch post.
Same for Hellcat and Demon - engine bay is clear coated, but trunk ditch areas are base coat with some clear (like all the other models)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I clayed the painted areas under the hood and engine bay and coated with some Blackfire sealant, ditto for the rear decklid and trunk area. Also put some Eastwoods diamond clear on the aluminum on the pulleys and water pump aera before the aluminum corrodes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I use Meguires ultimate fast finish - easy to apply and seems to make it easier to keep clean, not too worried about protecting that area but UFF also protects

1 - 12 of 12 Posts