Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed in some members engine pictures whether it's stock or modified. The engine cover is removed?
Is this done for a reason ie. cooling or ?????

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
It depends on what engine you are talking about. I know some have removed the cover on the 5.7 and added half covers on the valve covers.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I removed mine solely for aesthetics (5.7L). The engine cover has sat on a shelf since 2014.

Reactions: acermanco

·
Registered
30 Posts
Because of looks. Not sure about heat?!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,868 Posts
I had my cover off for months while i fought with, errr, painted it. Engine looked so so. The plastic intake manifold isn't pretty. A Guy

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,576 Posts
My Shaker didn't come with an engine cover. :grin2:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had my cover off for months while i fought with, errr, painted it. Engine looked so so. The plastic intake manifold isn't pretty. A Guy
Agreed on the plastic manifold. Swapped it for a chrome intake that makes a funny whining sound :grin2:
Heard someone was doing dips on the intakes though, if that’s peoples’ thing. Will try and dig up the info.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
I like the look of mine now that it has been painted along with the other details in the engine bay.
Man! I Love that painted cover Grumpy!!

You and I have he same color!
Where did you get that done or did you do it yourself??

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,576 Posts
Agreed on the plastic manifold. Swapped it for a chrome intake that makes a funny whining sound :grin2:
Heard someone was doing dips on the intakes though, if that’s peoples’ thing. Will try and dig up the info.
I didn't get chrome on my manifold, but no one can see it anyhow for some strange reason. It makes a funny whining sound too. :grin2:

·
Registered
782 Posts
The engine cover in general is there for aesthetics and nothing more. What ever floats your boat if you want to remove it or keep it.

-Kenny
I forget what car now. In efforts to cut cost, car makers are merging the engine cover into the same plastic as the intake, or half of the intake tube. So for that engine, you can't take the cover off because it's "functional."

·
Premium Member
2014 100th Annivesary R/T
517 Posts
I forget what car now. In efforts to cut cost, car makers are merging the engine cover into the same plastic as the intake, or half of the intake tube. So for that engine, you can't take the cover off because it's "functional."
In this case I was referencing Challengers in specific, since that is what the OP was asking about. Sorry I didn't not clarify that.

In regards to Challengers, the engine cover for both the V6 and V8 models are for aesthetics, take it off or leave it on however you like.

-Austin

1 - 20 of 25 Posts