Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vendor
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of our next products is going to be modified engine covers, and we would like to hear your input! Our base is going to be the 2 piece covers found on the 6.4L. So far the only options we have seen are the stickers and 3D printed black ones. I have a couple questions below that relate to a couple ideas we've had at the shop. I do want to add that we are a fully operational machine shop, so there really isn't a limit to what we can do. We are focusing on the badge portion, not the complete cover.

Material - Sticker, Plastic, Aluminum

Mounting Style - 3M, Epoxy, Bolt On

Depth - Flat stock with text machined into it, Flat stock machined around text (text would be raised with 3D effect), laser etched

Color - Color matched base with text raised and billet, Black base with text color matched

If you have any ideas you may have, share them with us. Your feedback on our projects is the reason we joined the forum!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I was actually thinking about trying to make some aluminum inserts for the 392 covers as well!

Bolt on would be nice as it would be replaceable with different plates whenever you want to change it up.

How about a simple on for the R/T guys, with just the letters “R/T” machined out

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
One of our next products is going to be modified engine covers, and we would like to hear your input! Our base is going to be the 2 piece covers found on the 6.4L. So far the only options we have seen are the stickers and 3D printed black ones. I have a couple questions below that relate to a couple ideas we've had at the shop. I do want to add that we are a fully operational machine shop, so there really isn't a limit to what we can do. We are focusing on the badge portion, not the complete cover.

Material - Sticker, Plastic, Aluminum

Mounting Style - 3M, Epoxy, Bolt On

Depth - Flat stock with text machined into it, Flat stock machined around text (text would be raised with 3D effect), laser etched

Color - Color matched base with text raised and billet, Black base with text color matched

If you have any ideas you may have, share them with us. Your feedback on our projects is the reason we joined the forum!
I'd like to see "345 HEMI" , I can't stand seeing 5.7L on my American car.

Reactions: Grumpy59

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,330 Posts
I think that it might be better to show us some of your ideas of what you can do because they say that a picture is worth a thousand words. It's much easier to visualize what could be done that way. Just a suggestion.

By the way, I just looked at your website and you sell some nice stuff (I really like your selection of carbon fiber hoods).

·
Registered
246 Posts
Would be nice to have ones that just say "345" or "392" in wider/larger text. Be it plastic or aluminum, either bolt on or 3M depending on the style/viability.

You could use OEM half covers and put custom aluminum plates/text on them, of course you'd have to find a way to hide or remove the original text well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts