Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a challenger SRT8 and I cannot locate the engine number on the block. It's the number I require for customs to verify. Can someone describe where I can find it? Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,944 Posts
There is an ID# on a sticker I believe, it isn't the VIN#, but an engine ID #. Also stamped on the block, possibly behind the oil filter. I know @ResumeSpeed would know. A Guy

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Hello all, I have a challenger SRT8 and I cannot locate the engine number on the block. It's the number I require for customs to verify. Can someone describe where I can find it? Thank you.
Hmmm.. something's not right here. I have worked at the border for 15 yrs now, formally INS that was absorbed into Customs to form CBP (Customs and Border Protection). I'm assuming you're attempting to import your vehicle to the U.S.? If so, the only things we look are the VIN, to ensure it is the proper vehicle being imported, and the respective labels to ensure the vehicle conforms to U.S. EPA and DOT requirements. Since all Challengers are made in Canada, it is possible to encounter one that is not compliant with either U.S. EPA, DOT or both. (because it was built for the Canadian market) In that case, CBP requires a letter of compliance issued by the manufacturer stating that the vehicle conforms to U.S. standards. Guess which major manufacturer (among others) has stopped issuing those letters .... you guessed it ! Chrysler. Good luck!

·
Registered
14,285 Posts
Not sure which one you need, there's two sets of numbers. The engine ID number is one the passenger side of the block, the VIN derivative matching the engine to car is on the driver side. Jack the car up, remove belly pan and you should see.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,385 Posts
I recall on my '09 5.7 the last 8 digits of VIN were on top of block at the rear where it joins the bellhousing. I could see it looking from driver's side.

I tried looked on my '16 SP Shaker, but couldn't see it since its obstructed by the Shaker.

I imagine the numbers are still in that location.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
Not sure which one you need, there's two sets of numbers. The engine ID number is one the passenger side of the block, the VIN derivative matching the engine to car is on the driver side. Jack the car up, remove belly pan and you should see.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Ah, great to know and I will remember that when I lifted up my car for my next oil change. I will keep an eye for it.

Always great to be educated in this wonderful forum. Thank you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all. I will go look. Ian actually exporting the car to South Africa. We use the engine and VIN numbers for verification.
Rgs

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Thank you all. I will go look. Ian actually exporting the car to South Africa. We use the engine and VIN numbers for verification.
Rgs
Importing/Exporting vehicles is pretty straight forward stuff ...have fun!
:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts