Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Today my Engine light went on about 15 miles into my trip.

To be more specific both the engine light and thunder looking red light went on. But upon power off and on of the chally, the thunder went off and only the Engine stood on.

i did park the car for about 2 hours upon arrival to my destination after which it remained the same. I checked the fuel cap door and everything was good....

What did i do??? Well if this helps, i was on my way there, swerving the car for a good five minutes. The temps went from the regular middle to complety cold. i dont know much about cars as you can see and though i will be making an appointment to my dealership tmrw. i would still like to know if theres anything i could do..

THANKS!!!!!!!:)

2 months old 1800 miles. Full gas tank. idk??

·
Registered
114 Posts
"Thunder light"? The light that looks like a lightning bolt?

Maybe had a voltage spike or a low voltage incident..that would turn on the check engine light.

·
Registered
398 Posts
It should still be under warranty. They should be able to decode it and re-set the light if there are no major problems. Check the manual to see what the "thunder" light is supposed to indicate, ETC Electronic Throttle Control I believe, maybe a loose connection.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts