Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2017 Challenger T/A on July 12th. Yesterday I had the mid mufflers deleted. Just now while driving to get gas. The engine check light came on. Only thing I can think that would trigger that is the muffler delete. Has anyone else ran into that issue after deleting anything off the active exhaust system? If so, was the a fix other than going to the dealership? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
13,850 Posts
Removing the mufflers shouldn't throw a code. Are all of the oxygen sensors in place?

What OBD-II trouble code was thrown? You can check it yourself by doing the following steps:

Get in the car, close the door. Do the following fairly quickly (less than 3 seconds) :

Turn key to ON
then back to ACC
then to ON
then back to ACC
then to ON

If there are any stored codes, they will appear immediately, in place of the odometer. For instance an "INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR CIRCUIT HIGH" error will set a code of P0113.

You can find the meaning of the code at the following web sites:

https://www.obd-codes.com/

Dodge Challenger Error and Fault Codes | West Coast Challengers Car Club

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Did you get a code?
They probably messed up something while working on it. I would get underneath and look for disconnected O2 sensor or whatever. Take it back to whoever removed the mufflers?
Edit: Cuda340 beat me to it.:smile:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I watched the delete the mufflers. They never unplugged anything. The mopar website states it's a cat converter malfunction. Overheating or something along those lines. I attached what the website said was the issue. Guess I'll be heading to the dealership in a few hours.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At the dealership now. It pulled an o2 sensor fault and antenna high voltage trip? They said the earliest they can set an appointment to fix it is august 30th. Smh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts