Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pulling out onto the highway and was accelerating a little hard but no where near wide open. Suddenly the engine bucked like it shut off for half a second. No lights, no codes.
I immediately check the oil pressure and it was at 50. After that it continued on fine and smooth.

What up with that?

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
My SRT-10 would do that once or twice a year, no reason, no code, just giving it gas to accelerate and puff , misfire. I let up, gave it gas and she was fine. Rain, Dry, Snow, HOT outside, cold outside (vehicle was always not fully warmed) did show a pattern.

FWIW I think it was (for me) going from open loop to closed loop and the TPS acted weird

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. It was scary. It literally felt like the engine just shut off for a second.
I'm going to drive it to work today and see how it behaves. Just to be safe, I'll be watching the oil pressure.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
You know, I had that happen once in my Magnum. I was low on fuel at the time and was revving it pretty high but not at WOT. Never happened again.

Sounds like just a glitch, if the car's running fine, I wouldn't worry about it, besides, it's under warranty :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me twice so far in my 2011. Never happened before in my 2009 R/T. No codes and everything was fine afterward. Seems to only happen in auto and you gas it. My car bucked a little and wouldn't shift so I let off the gas and everything was fine.

·
Registered
448 Posts
a14umbra,
Were you accelerating WHILE turning the steering wheel rather strongly (from a stop)?
If so, your esp MAY have kicked in...thinking you were losing control...thus slowing the engine...If you have an ESP button....turn it of....then try pulling out on the same road. Let us know.

...Seamaster...

·
Registered
291 Posts
I had the same thing happen yesterday but I think it was heat related...104 here yesterday.

·
Registered
184 Posts
You just sucked up a Prius. Try to be more careful in the future:bigthumb:
Damn I hate when that happens, It's such a pain getting them out of my super 10's.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Sounds like a lean misfire. Have it scanned for any codes or DTCs. Use a real scan tool. The dash key trick or predator doesn't show many codes.

·
Registered
64 Posts
...happened twice in my 392 while on the freeway. Car was cold once but not the other time...

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had something similar but more pronounced happen this morning on my 2010 R/T 6 speed. Was in 2nd gear and gave it slight throttle to pass another car on a city street. It didn't feel like it was accelerating right and at 3000 rpm I shifted to third and nothing. No throttle response at all. I put the pedal to the floor, lifted, back to the floor, car just coasted for almost a block, then came back to life with the CEL flashing for another block or so. Light went out and car was fine. Ran fine the whole way home and no codes according to my Predator. Car is bone stock with 4500 miles and this is the first time I've even plugged in the Predator.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Drives you crazy, doesn't it? Mine's been fine since.
The worst part for me...I'm the shop foreman of a Mazda dealer and get complaints just like we have occasionally. "It happened once last week." I have to believe them or they wouldn't be there, but can never recreate it and they never come back. :scratchhead:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Happens to me all the time because I can't figure out how to shift smoothly in this thing!

Seriously though, I haven't had that happen. What I have noticed, however, is under moderate acceleration, it sometimes feels like the engine is bogging down. Oddly, it doesn't do so when doing 0-60 runs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts