Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,
Bought a 2017 Scat Pack Shaker auto a few weeks ago and drove over 80 mph today for the first time. Noticed a noise (almost like a whining noise) coming from the engine bay over 80 mph. I can only hear the noise when I am on the throttle. The noise disappears as soon as I release the throttle. And it precisely starts at 80 mph. Is it something that everybody experiences because of the shaker hood? Thanks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hello everyone,
Bought a 2017 Scat Pack Shaker auto a few weeks ago and drove over 80 mph today for the first time. Noticed a noise (almost like a whining noise) coming from the engine bay over 80 mph. I can only hear the noise when I am on the throttle. The noise disappears as soon as I release the throttle. And it precisely
starts at 80 mph. Is it something that everybody experiences because of the shaker hood? Thanks.

I have a 2017 Scat Pack Shaker also have not noticed that whining noise although when I start it up I do here the lifters or something clicking for a few seconds have you noticed that in yours?

·
Registered
678 Posts
I have a 2016 SPS, have not noticed this. Is it possibly wind noise over the shaker, or something definitely mechanical? Also, are you sure it's from the engine? It could be gear noise which is not uncommon, sometimes in cars the source of a sound can fool you.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I would more than likely say its your cold air intake making that noise. Find what rpm it happens at and then try replicating that rpm while in park (have someone else get the gas peddle) and listen from the outside. My car did the same when I had the stock style shaker.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts