Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use napa fully synthetic 5w 30 2.99 a qt on sale! in my 5.7.also moa oil treatment from bg

I change every 3500-4000 miles..still looks like new.

dodge mech for over 20yrs..myself

for those of you who dont use bg products i highly rec,seen a demo where they changed motor oil with moa.engine with solid lifters ran 5 mins.
dropped oil pan ran without oil 2 mins with nothing but the moa protection..sold me! you can find it on ebay $8 pint

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,676 Posts
I use napa fully synthetic 5w 30 2.99 a qt on sale! in my 5.7.also moa oil treatment from bg

I change every 3500-4000 miles..still looks like new.

dodge mech for over 20yrs..myself

for those of you who dont use bg products i highly rec,seen a demo where they changed motor oil with moa.engine with solid lifters ran 5 mins.
dropped oil pan ran without oil 2 mins with nothing but the moa protection..sold me! you can find it on ebay $8 pint
I've run Mobil 1 0w-40 oil 5K miles in a couple of my cars and when I drained the oil while it didn't look like new it had some amber color to it and the stream of oil draining from the pan was translucent.

It is not the oil per se but the usage. The 5K miles was started out with fresh oil and covered in a week's time of nothing but highway driving. The same cars over 5K miles of my more normal usage the oil is black as the ace of spades.

While I use the factory recommended Pennzoil 0w-40 oil in my Hellcat I suspect given the same circumstances as the Mobil 1 oil encountered it would appear the same.

In Vegas I've seen all sorts of impressive magic tricks done so an engine that can with the oil pan dropped run for 2 minutes with some elixir additive in the oil is not surprising.

If the oil is not up the task of providing the engine with all the protection it needs then I'm using another oil, not some 8 ounces of some magic elixir. But if I ever need to run my Hellcat engine with no oil pan I'll keep that BG stuff in mind...

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
This type of "advertising" has been used by numerous snake oil products for decades.

Nothing new, and offers nothing needed in any modern engine.

Just transfers money from one pocket book into another one.

To each their own.

·
Banned
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This type of "advertising" has been used by numerous snake oil products for decades.

Nothing new, and offers nothing needed in any modern engine.

Just transfers money from one pocket book into another one.

To each their own.
i dont know,how can ya fake reality? its not snake oil bro

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
Hey, you thought that I was your bro, bro.

Open forum too bro.

Reactions: GSBrockman

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,749 Posts
You called him bro first, lol.

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,874 Posts
You called him bro first, lol.

A Guy
I’m puzzzzzzzzled at the fact that John Foreman has 20 yrs experience in a couple of threads, but 25 yrs experience in another thread. :unsure:
FF1CFF60-882A-42F1-A337-5455BFC4AE19.png

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
BROS.

Snake oil, and a poster who got a "noticeable gain" from a K&N...which he claims is dry. I'm not a fan of the term, but...FAKENEWS

·
Banned
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I’m puzzzzzzzzled at the fact that John Foreman has 20 yrs experience in a couple of threads, but 25 yrs experience in another thread. :unsure:
View attachment 979437
well i started wrenching at 16yr im 49yrs now..i worked @ dodge jeep from 21 to 36 as a master tech..im still a mechanic but not for dodge..guess i have to be critical on everything i say on here?

·
Banned
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i started wrenching at 16yr im 49yrs now..i worked @ dodge jeep from 21 to 36 as a master tech..im still a mechanic but not for dodge..guess i have to be critical on everything i say on here?
so there 33 yrs combined exp...prob more than you guys are old lol!!

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,676 Posts
so there 33 yrs combined exp...prob more than you guys are old lol!!
33 years? Pffft!

Been around a lot longer than 33 years and you ain't the first person I've encountered to come touting some goofy oil additive.

If you have been a Dodge tech for any length of time you should know Dodge says to use no oil (or gas) additives. So you recommending something like BG whatever the heck that is is in direct conflict with Dodge. Glad you are no longer a Dodge tech. At least you can't inflict harm on Dodge engines with your apparent lack of familiarity with the what Dodge says to not do.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,972 Posts
Yippie, another oil thread. I only use Amsoil signature and filters in my Shaker.

·
Banned
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
33 years? Pffft!

Been around a lot longer than 33 years and you ain't the first person I've encountered to come touting some goofy oil additive.

If you have been a Dodge tech for any length of time you should know Dodge says to use no oil (or gas) additives. So you recommending something like BG whatever the heck that is is in direct conflict with Dodge. Glad you are no longer a Dodge tech. At least you can't inflict harm on Dodge engines with your apparent lack of familiarity with the what Dodge says to not do.
we rec and used all bg products at our dealership..thanks !

·
Banned
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
33 years? Pffft!

btw i only asked what some of you guys ran[oil] in your challengers,,not trying to sell anything? yet it turned into this

1 - 20 of 29 Posts