Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys please help me out here, when im driving my 12 SRT8 392 automatic around town or the highway, if i hit the gas pedal aggressively to pass another car, my car will take off as it should but then all of sudden hesitate.... Now im not talking about a engine misfire or engine stalling out hesitation, its more like a violent jerk hit a invisible car type of hesitation.... Then if i immediatly lift my foot of the gas pedal a tad bit, the car will accelerate again! I notice that it happens more on the highway than city driving. I noticed when i first got the car that when doing city driving that the car would bog sometimes when traveling around 30 mph and then deciding to stomp on it, but after doing some research i found out that was a common problem with the SRT8, some suggested it was the traction control others called it the dead pedal issue and that a Diablo tune would help with that issue! I eventually installed the Intune 93 Octane tune and it did help with that dead spot issue but this new issue is different, it kind of seems as if the transmission goes into limp mode or safety mode as if the engine power overwhelms the transmission! This has happened twice in the last couple weeks and im bringing it up now because it scared the living sheet out of me the last time it happened...... Driving on the highway in the fast lane, i come up on a car doing about 50 mph, look to my right and i have enough space to switch lanes and go around the slow poke but there is a semi trailer in that lane so i need to go and go now..... Punch the gas pedal, switch to the middle lane and BOOM the car bogs and the semi trailer grill is about to kiss my rear bumper..... I let off the pedal a little and then she comes back to life and accelerates strong! Im confused here because no codes or MIL!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Are you in drive or autostick? I've had mine do that in drive before, even had it throw a code once, but after hearing about the timing chain problems, I try to keep mine in autostick mode all the time and hasn't happened since.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts