Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was going to order a 2011 SRT, but after reading about engine stalling problem I am having second thoughts. I mean why should I buy a faulty car for over 45k+ that dodge won't even fix. I have been reading about this problem since 2006 in various charger forums and I am amazed that after all these years it is still not fixed. I really love the challenger and I was saving money for more than a year to buy one .

I am concerned about this problem as I weekly drive on a mountain road. This road is twisty and can be really dangerous if the engine suddenly stalls and the car shuts down. I read the other topic about the problem and found out that the stalling happens randomly. So I wonder if it is still wise to buy this car.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Like noz says you may not want to buy it but keep in mind that the 11 SRT will have a 6.4 l engine in it and if the stalling is related to the 6.1 then the problem won't still exist. If I were you I'ld keep my money in my pocket and see what happens when they really hit the road.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
My car has never just stalled. What on earth are we talking about?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Buyer beware...I've had 2 stalls in only 1000 miles and had the Key Fob Not Detected issue sporadically. I know that several people have had a perfect experience with their Challengers and that's great, but I have not been so lucky.

A Nissan 370z may be in my near future...

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Daddy Kool You car might do it but I know you've been around here long enough you had to have seen those threads on cars stalling for no reason. There's no experience bad enough that I would ever buy Jap Crap.

·
Registered
683 Posts
As the 2011s get into the hands of new owners, it will be interesting to see if (when) any of them report on the "stalling" threads (in the SRT8 forum) about incidents on the 11s. One poster there tried to get Nightline to pick up the story, as they did with the BMW fuel pump issue.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think you guys are right. Maybe I should wait and see if the problem exists in 2011 SRTs.
However, I do not think that the problem is only related to the 6.1 Hemi as R/T owners are also reporting the same problem. This means that 2011 challengers will most likely have engine stalling problems, that is unless Dodge have fixed it.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I think you guys are right. Maybe I should wait and see if the problem exists in 2011 SRTs.
However, I do not think that the problem is only related to the 6.1 Hemi as R/T owners are also reporting the same problem. This means that 2011 challengers will most likely have engine stalling problems, that is unless Dodge have fixed it.
They are running an new PCM in the 11' challengers. That might fix the issue depending on what the issue is.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I heard that too, do you know if it will be backward compatable so we can use it if it turns out better?
I have no idea right now. We will have to see when the cars start coming in. If there is no new wiring harness I would assume it would work with 2010 since the engine is not different at all except for the power steering. If, there is a new wiring harness then you might have to replace some wires but, overall the engine still is the same. When the cars finally get to diablo, and they start looking it over we will know more then. Shouldn't be too much longer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts