Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading home from work yesterday and all was good until I started to pull away from a traffic light. The engine was running smooth with no issues, No Check engine light or any other indication, and then starts running on about one cylinder and wanting to die. I managed to get it to the side of the road and it was a no go after that. Engine would not start, it would turn over, but no start. It is a 2014 R/T, so it was a call to the dealer and kinda of a strange conversation:

Service dude: Oh you got a check engine light and then the motor quit
Me: I never had a check engine light and it did not go into the limp mode.
Service dude: well that is strange
Me: what is strange, that I did not get a check enigne light or the engine quit
Service dude: that you did not get a check engine light
Me: so it is normal for it to go dead and not start
Service dude: well yes

So, it was rollback ride to the dealer and wainting on news now.

·
Registered
281 Posts
That sucks and I hope its nothing serious. When you find out what happened let us know. And the service dude needs a lesson in customer relations. He could have at least acted concerned and told you the usual lie about never hearing that happen before!

·
Registered
15,815 Posts
Me: so it is normal for it to go dead and not start
Service dude: well yes
Oh yeah cars just quit running and die all the time, that dude is nuts.

Good news is it's probably electrical and something simple and I'm thinking you should get it back soon.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
236 Posts
I ran out of gas once... :) Hopefully the car is alright!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
it's designed to die to protect itself. Limp mode kicks in usually and only allows you to limp along. I have read a few stories about how they just up and die completely and you have to coast to a stop....it seems very rare but it apparently happened to a few.

I hope all is well, it is a brand spanking new car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts