Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if anyone out there has swapped a 3.5 motor out for a V8 yet? I'm just curious... And please, don't start the whole 'trade your car for a R/T or SRT' thing, that would take the fun out of the project if it ever happens.

·
Banned
3,777 Posts
biggest obstacle is the computer driven transmission - not the engine system

you would have to fabricate an entire new driveline - and that is BIG bucks

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
biggest obstacle is the computer driven transmission - not the engine system

you would have to fabricate an entire new driveline - and that is BIG bucks
Same as changing from a six speed to auto, usally means a different auto trans[TH400 etc} the entire suspension and related items needed for a larger engine also. If going to race only OK, but for a daily drive buy a RT or SRT or find a good reck to take the parts.
Tout

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Drive shaftr is no big deal weld on new tube. The other stuff is a very very big deal. Way further ahead to sell and buy one with a v8 is most likely the reason no one has done it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, you can find take-out assemblies easily which usually include Engine, Trans, Harnesses, and ECM. As far as suspension, I'm already riding on Eibach parts which suite all models, so all I would need would be another drive shaft and axles. It definitely won't happen anytime soon. I was just curious if it's been done before. Haven't been able to find any info on one anyways if it has.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts